thirty-one

Sloane Beck

Sloane Beck

"I don't think I can feel my vagina,"

The first sentence I heard when I woke up this morning.

Raising an eyebrow, I sat up.

To find Ellison Webber covered in blood.

"Jesus, Mary, and Joseph! What the fuck happened to you!" I screeched, throwing the covers off of me running towards her. Her shorts that were once pink were now covered in dark red blood.

"I started my period?" I furrowed my eyebrows at her words. "Had you not started your period before?" I was in awe. Shyly she shook her head, "No and I didn't think I would ever get one. Do you have pads?" I was shocked.

She was a mini Naomi.

"What's going on? What's all of this screaming? It's not a game day?" Finn opened her bedroom door peaking out. I watched as she gasped seeing Ellie stand in my doorway with blood covering her legs and hands.

"Holy fuck am I dreaming or am I having deja vu?" Finn rubbed her eyes but then shook her head. "Ellie! Get off the carpet before you stain it!" She yelled at her as I was still looking at Ellie in shock.

"Can someone please get me a pad or for the love of God show me how to use a tampon in this house! Please! I don't feel like using my pillowcase as a diaper," Her frustration shown through as she threw her arms around in anger.

Quickly moving, I walked towards my bathroom rummaging until I finally found my stash. "What kind of tampon do you want? Regular? Super? Super Plus? Ultra?" I spoke with my head under my bathroom sink.

Hearing her footsteps enter my bathroom I heard her sigh. "I don't—I don't know. I don't know a lot about this stuff—" And now she was crying.

"It is four in the fucking morning little NJ. I'm gonna need you to tone it the eff down before I lay the hammer down in this bitch." My mouth dropped open as Finn approached us in the dim bathroom light.

"Harsh Finn! It's her first time starting her period. Have sympathy!" I handed the confused Ellie a regular-sized tampon before standing up. "I don't have any sympathy at the moment but I do have this," She paused and held up her middle finger.