forty-four

THIS IS PART TWO OF THE SURPRISE DOUBLE UPDATE!

Sloane Beck

"Beck!" I heard Reese yell as I sauntered into the living room of the boy's house. Ellie and Finn were behind me but ventured off into the kitchen for drinks while I was being squeezed by Reese Joseph himself.

"Reese!" I laughed out his name as he kissed my forehead and cheeks—clearly overly intoxicated. The house was loud, louder than normal after that amazing Penn State win.

"You weren't at the game!" He complained as I shrugged. Yelling over the music, "I watched from my couch." He shook his head.

"People who sit on couches are losers! You should've come!" He yelled as I smiled at him.

Pulling him to the side, near the fuckway hallway—I got him alone. He smiled down at me as I leaned against a closed door.

"How are you, big fella! That was a great game you played today!" I cheered him on as he smiled. "Thank you blondie. I couldn't have done it without your boyfriend." He winked at me as I laughed.

"How are you though?" I reasked the question as he shrugged.

He was the perfect person to talk to when they were absolutely hammered. It was the only time that he would spill any of his feelings. "I'm good. I promise, just trying to live up to the hype of Williams." His voice was enthusiastic as I looked at him in pity.

He frowned as I hugged him.

"You know what you have that Matti doesn't?" I asked as he laughed.

"You know what he has that I don't? Naomi!" He joked before he answered me. I gasped, slapping his arm.

"You have a true heart, Reese. You didn't need to be taught to love. You had love. You will find someone that shows you that love and more one day," I felt him hug me back, thanking me as my words hit him.

Walking us back out to the party, he smiled at me.

"Your boyfriend is upstairs—I won't go with you this time!" He teased as I kissed his cheek, thanking him. Catching Ellie's eyes, I pointed towards the stairs as she nodded in confirmation that she knew where I was going.