thirty-two

PLEASE READ THE AUTHORS NOTE AT THE BOTTOM!

Sloane Beck

Call it what you want, but don't tell me I was asking for it.

"Blake Day is up to no good in the happiest of valleys. Just a few hours ago cameramen caught him outside of his BFF's Matti Williams bar named McCutchins. Multiple bystanders say that he was thrown out of the bar by bouncers—the cause? An apparent bar fight the bouncers said. Once Blake was thrown out of the club he was seen down an alleyway with a girl. Who this girl was? We don't know. She however looked a lot like the girl that had entered his hotel in the past. We asked his team for a comment but we have yet to hear back from them. Will Blake Day cause trouble in the Whitehouse?"

I sit in my bed chewing my cuticles to the bit. I would chew and chew and chew until I tasted metallic on my tongue. I was waiting.

It was a waiting game.

Who would message me first? My fathers or my sister?

How about Naomi or Matti?

But most importantly, the one person who I needed more support from than anyone wasn't answering my calls or texts. I had left five voicemails already, threatening him to answer me. He put me in this situation. He needed to get me out of this situation.

I trusted him.

I lay in my bed with tissues surrounding me, used and new. It was raining outside. No, the news didn't know my name. No, the news hadn't said anything bad about me. It was just the fact that I was now an open target to multiple people from everywhere and anywhere.

But I just needed him to call me—to tell me that it was going to be okay.

Sniffling, I anxiously waited for my phone to buzz. I had refused to go on it other than to make phone calls. All of my accounts were private for social media, I didn't want anyone to find me. I didn't want any more attention than what had already been brought on.

"I'm going to calculus beautiful, do you need anything else?" Ellie knocked on my door. I chewed on my cheek before shrugging. "Do you need a hug?" She asked.