thirty-three

Blake Day

Blake Day

I wanted the person that I shouldn't want.

I wasn't fucking with her—I did like her. I was just stuck.

"So let me get this right—you actually like her?" My father sat in front of me confused as I rubbed my sweaty palms against my covered kneecaps. Nodding my head he clapped his hands in amusement.

"Is this some kind of sick joke to you? Screwing up everything for us? For this family? She isn't a good person—she's against you, may I remind?" He was furious as expected.

But was she really against me dad?

"First of all, how was I even going to end this thing with her in the first place dad? You were all for using her when it benefitted you and now I want her in my life and it's a no? I'm twenty-two years old dad, kiss my fucking ass." My voice boomed at him.

Standing up from the couch my palms weren't sweaty anymore. Towering over everyone in the room, I glared at my father and his advisors.

And how did I get to this point?

I replayed the press release at least one hundred and fifty times. Not because of me—but because of her, she was beautiful even when she had been crying. The way she curled into my body and the way I protected her from the fucking vermin.

Everything went as smoothly as it was supposed to go and I was happy.

I had to cough up a couple of grand to the bouncers—but it worked. Nobody knew who she was, and she wasn't mad at me for the incident. However, I could've been more attentive to her feelings as I learned when I approached the beautiful girl's doorstep.

The flowers I had just around the corner were a perfect added touch, but the prettiest girl deserved the prettiest flowers.

I don't know what got into me or what the hell she did to me, but Sloane Beck, Barbie—had me on cloud nine. I wanted her in every way possible—this all occurred to me as I left her apartment building last night.

She was perfectly wrong for me and it just felt right.

Not to mention I had to rub one out at least three times since I saw her last night. One, it was quite stress-relieving, and I needed that more than anything at this point. Why?