twenty-eight

Sloane Beck

Sloane Beck

If there was one word to describe my life it would be the word uncertain.

"Keep doing that," He moaned as I dug my fingers deeper into his scalp, pulling his hair at the roots. I let out a chuckle as I watched his eyes flutter in pleasure. "I'm going to rip your hair out if I keep going." I joked as he laid his head back.

I still was across his lap, he slouched in the patio chair, leaning his head back so my arm could reach to play with his hair.

"Rip it—rip it as many times as you want Blondie, but don't stop." He moaned obnoxiously as I shoved his shoulders, letting out a louder round of laughter at the rowdy boy. Opening his bright blue eyes, they stared into mine.

"You know—Matti and NJ have been inside for a while now." He spoke as I thought about it. To be honest, we had been out here for a while. The fire was small but it was still going, the crickets were loud and the night air was brisk. Besides the fire the only thing providing us light was the moon.

The music that was once playing in the background was now turned down to a low volume as we enjoyed each other's company.

"You were good today—with Stella." I praised him as he chuckled. There was an evil tint to his eyes as he smiled at me. "Thank you," He nodded.

"I have a way with children, I don't know why but it's a talent of mine." He continued to speak as I listened. "The innocent ones always go after the bad ones," He finishes his words and after the silence engulfs us.

His mood had drastically dropped and what was once a small smile on his face was now a blank stare.

Oh, Blake.

If I understood you I would help you even if in the end you wouldn't help me.

"I don't think that you're bad," I commented as he continued to sit in silence. It was unfortunate, really. How could someone that always used his voice—not know how to express his feelings.

I mean he did express sometimes, it just depends on how long it took before all of his wrong buttons were pushed. Gripping the skin on my bare thigh with his thumb and finger, I tucked my head underneath his chin listening to his soft breathing.