54. Date Planning

"Dad!" Zayn yells through the house, barely hearing any noise. We had gone over to our family's house before we go back to Zayn's. "Mum!"

"In the kitchen." I hear Patricia answer.

We follow the voices coming from within the kitchen and they all stood around the island stationed in the middle of the room.

"What's going on?" Zayn asks conversationally, sliding his butt up on to the counter.

"Planning." Safaa says with a shrug.

I smiled when I saw her shirt, it was a One Direction shirt with the words 'Up All Night' in big bold black letters. I thought it was cute that she would do that, wearing her brothers face along with the other band members and wearing it proud.

"I love your shirt." I tell Safaa, cutting off Zayn who was asking what they were planning.

"Thank you." She says, her smile huge and her cheeks chubby.

"I'd rock one of those with you." I tell her, stuffing my hands in my shorts pocket. Everyone began laughing. "What? I can't be the only one in here who thinks the same."

I look around with a playful smile on my face, my head tilted to the side to take in all of the faces. Waliyha glanced at Zayn confused, but our brother only shrugged. She's probably wondering what's got me in a upbeat mood.

"I'm sure we all would." Yaser says, leaning himself against the counter behind him. "We're all so proud."

"You guys are crazy." Zayn says with a shake of his head. "Look how small I was!" He motioned his hand toward the shirt Safaa adorned and laughed quietly.

"How are you feeling today, Marley?" Patricia asks, the sun that's just about to set had casted the lighting in the kitchen into an almost complete orange array of colors.

"I'm grand." I answer with a soft nod of my head. "I'm just in a better mood, I guess. Could be from earlier." My eyes turned to Zayn who only smiled at the floor. I chuckled.

"What happened earlier?" Doniya asks.

"Something stupidly ridiculous." I answer, rubbing one of my eyes. "It was a joke, mostly-"

"Maybe for her," Zayn interrupts. "I was being more serious than she thought."

"He was being hard headed." I say, pointedly looking at Zayn.

"Uh oh." Patricia taunts, her eyes on her son. "What did you do?"

"Nothing remotely bad." He said with a shrug. "We went to visit our old neighborhood and the park." His eyes stayed planted on Patricia at that moment. "We saw the family's old home.... And uh, even Marley's."

"Really?" Doniya asks, a smile on her face. "That's cool, you remember where you live."

"Well, it wasn't too hard to recognize the neighborhood." I say softly.

"How far away is it?" Safaa asks.

"About ten houses down from where you guys used to live, actually."

Everyone in the kitchen froze, all of their eyes big and confusing while they stared unbelievingly at me. Should they really be that surprised? Bradford isn't too big of a place, there isn't much places to hide.

"Wow." Patricia says with a shake of her head. "That's quite something."

"Did you know?" I ask.

"Honestly, I didn't." She says, her eyebrows pulled together and her eyes glossy. "I can't believe you were so close."

"How did you not know? You were the only one here that could recognize Jason and Emily." Zayn speaks up, his feet hanging from the counter he sits upon, stoping the movement of kicking them into the air.