28. A Mothers Love

While Yaser shouted, "What?" I asked, "Home?"

His eyes and mine locked together for a moment before we both turned to face Patricia again.

"This isn't my home." I snipped, shaking my head.

"How the hell did you have a baby without me knowing?" Yaser yelled.

"I'll explain everything, just give me the time to do so before you shout, please." She begs.

"Go on, explain." Yaser grumbles.

I watched everyone in the room, my sisters were so confused and lost that they didn't even know if they should look at Patricia, me, Zayn, or the floor. They settled for the floor, but Safaa glanced at me repeatedly.

"I..." Patricia started. "The time you and Doniya had left me with Zayn, I was already pregnant. I.... I shamefully cheated on you a few months before you left me and we were arguing too much for you to notice the signs. I was secretly gonna give the baby up for adoption, but after you had left I thought it would be okay to keep her. Months of no contact with you, I gave birth and brought her home three days after delivering. That's when I got that call from you to ask if you could come home. I panicked and called the planned adoptive parents and just....handed her over to them."

"That's why you wouldn't let me touch you? You gave me the impression that I had to make all of it up to you and I was so confused because it wasn't all my fault. I felt like crap for months!" Yaser yells. He looks at me with disgust on his face, then stands to his feet. "I can't believe you cheated on me. I could've done the same, but I was loyal because I love you!"

"And I love you. You know that, Yaser." Patricia says softly, her voice breaking. "It was a drunken mis... I was drunk."

"Why did you go through with the pregnancy? You could've ended it before months of carrying." He says harshly.

"Yaser-" Patricia said, but I was done being quiet about this. So I stood up.

"Are you implying the question of why she didn't abort me when she had the chance?" I snap.

"It's just a question." He fired at me.

"Yeah, well so was mine."

"Yes, that's exactly what I'm asking." Yaser turned his attention back to his wife. "I wanna know."

"No matter what, she was a baby. A living being and I won't take a life." Patricia says. "It would've been easier if I had, but I couldn't. I loved her and... I still do." She looks up to me and tries to smile through her tears. I shake my head and felt a hand touch mine before I speak.

"I'm sorry, Zayn. But I can't..." I said, glancing his way quickly before turning back to his mom. "You don't know the first thing about love. If you loved Yaser, I wouldn't be here. If you loved me, I wouldn't live thousands of miles away. This isn't my home and we both know that. I had the thought of me being a huge mistake eat at me since the day I found out. How can you expect someone to live life happily while all they think about is how much of a accident their life is? I'm your biggest regret standing in front of you."

"I don't see you as a mistake." Patricia quickly shakes her head, standing to her feet. That makes her, Yaser, and I the only ones standing. "I see you as my daughter who I should've fought for. I love you, Faith."

"My name is 'Marley'." I growl, bawling my fists up at my sides.

"I've gotten so used to thinking of you as 'Faith'. I'm sorry."

"Excuse us, but I think we better head off now." Liam says, standing with Niall. "I feel like we're intruding on a family situation."

"Good night, Liam." Patricia says, nodding to him. "Good night, Niall."