42. Road Rage

We were less than half an hour away from Bradford and I had told Zayn all that had went on with Edward and I, and he pieced together everything he knew about before when Safaa had made it seem as if Edward was cheating on me.

But he still insisted that I take up his offer to find someone at the night club, even if its just someone to talk to- a friend. It's where a lot of young people go to hang out, some even underage with fake identifications.

I thought it would be nice to go to something big like that, because I've never been to a party aside from my parents elegant co-workers gatherings, where the music was slow jazz and the main courses of food were mainly finger sandwiches.

I did go to the going away party that was thrown at Donnie's part of the exhibit for me, but it was too sad to be anything more than a sorrowful goodbye get-together.

Zayn had pulled the car off of the road to a gas service station and Yaser followed.

"Come," Zayn says quickly after he stopped the car for a refill. "Out."

I pulled my eyebrows together and got out of the car. "Why do I need to-?"

"Doniya is switching spots with you." Zayn answers before I could finish my question, picking through his wallet for his card he needed.

"When was that decision made?" I quickly hissed at Zayn over the roof of his car.

"Before we left Liam's." He simply replied as Doniya stepped out of the family car that was stationed behind us.

"I don't remember." I sigh.

"Oh, you were in the bathroom." Zayn turned his head to smile innocently at me, but I know that behind that smile is a devilish smirk.

"Hey," Doniya greeted me while Yaser refilled the gas in their car. "Mum and dad are happy about the switch."

"Are they?" I ask, not moving away from the passenger door.

"Yeah," She smiles while nodding. "Dad had been meaning to talk to you all night. He can be closed off sometimes."

"What has he been meaning to say?" I ask, my hands being stuffed in my knitted jacket pockets.

"Guess you're gonna have to find out, huh?" Doniya winks, ushering me over to the other car. She gets into the passenger side of Zayn's vehicle and shuts the door behind her.

Zayn looks up when I round the back of the car to walk over to him.

"I'll see you later." I tell him.

"Behave. Okay? I won't be there to put you in place, so don't put down mum. She means well."

"Okay, okay." I sigh. I spent longer than thirty minutes without talking once, I think I can silence myself for the majority of the ride. "I'll behave."

"Be social." Zayn glares at me, the pump of the gas nozzle releasing fluid into the car. "Don't close up."

"I'll see you when I see you." Before I turn to leave, he places a hand on my shoulder and leans down to kiss my forehead. It made me feel better.

I smiled up at him before turning toward Yaser who was still pumping gas fluid into his car, playfully trying to catch Safaa's fingers when she stuck them out of the top of the window at him.

"Hey," I call out to him, causing his smile to turn away from Safaa and to me. I stood in front of him. "I'm car pooling with you guys?"

"Lovely." Yaser genuinely says, pulling the gas nozzle from the car and placing it back on the machine. "Hop in where you're comfortable."