71. Hibiscus

"Marley, you've been in there long enough, I'm sure you look fine!" Zayn shouts through the bathroom door, knocking once again.

"Zayn, be nice." I hear Perrie shush.

She had arrived twenty minutes before, a pink shopping bag in hand and her eyes focused on me curling my hair. Needless to say, the contents of the bag was for me and the dress inside made me feel way too cheap in comparison.

"I'm nearly done, don't rush a woman getting ready." I call back, applying my last bit of mascara.

"I'm not rushing a woman. I'm rushing a bratting little sister." Zayn chuckles, his voice fading deeper into the room.

"Asshole." I called out to him, only to hear him laugh again. A small smacking noise was heard before my brother complained lightly. "Thank you."

"You're welcome!" Perrie chirped back.

I set down the mascara with every other product I used and the dress that I now wore still made me feel like I won't ever be worth its glamour.

It was strapless and the color was a beautiful pearl pink. My eyeshadow was a subtle light brown and the wing-eyeliner atop my lids were more perfect than I ever thought I could get them, though it took quite a few tries. My lips were a soft pink color and my blue eyes topped off the look, the dress oddly enough making them pop even brighter. The top was a sweetheart-neckline and it allowed the golden chain of my locket to pop out against my skin.

All in all, I felt beautiful in this expensive dress.

I opened the bathroom door and stepped out, my eyes focused on the gown I wore. It was ankle length, with a small train trailing behind me. The heels were a silver color, but not too eye-catching. The dress did enough of that.

As I looked up, I was surprised to see that Zayn wasn't ready at all and reservations were in an hour.

They both stared at me, eyes wide just as their mouths. Perrie was the first to move, her hands flying up to her chest, huffing out a held-in breath.

"Marley," She squeaks. "You look so beautiful."

"I.." I shyly looked away from her and at Zayn. He only nodded in agreement, his eyes watching me closely.

"You look amazing. I never knew behind all those jeans and blouses you could look so.... 'Red carpet'." He says.

"Why aren't you ready yet?" I ask.

"Afraid your date won't compare?" He wiggles his eyebrows and I roll my eyes.

"Oh, come on. I feel like the longer I have this dress on, the more it loses its worth." I try to joke.

A soft knock came on the door and Zayn goes over to open it, the pile of towels that were thrusted into his arms confused him.

"Who ordered towels?" He asks, his head turned toward Perrie and I. As the door kicks shut, I hear a shrill of giggles running down the hall. "Oh.."

"Your fans did, it looks like." I laugh quietly.

"Our cover has been blown!" He shouts, making an explosive noise as he threw the towels on to Perrie just before he jumped himself at her. She screams, trying to shove free of the towels and my brother.

"Okay, save that for when you two are alone." I groan out, turning toward my phone that began to ring, notifying that someone was calling.

"I'll get it!" Zayn shouts, shuffling off of Perrie and toward my music-playing device. I snatched it before he had the chance.