79. Stained Glass

Laying here in bed at Landon's home again, Liam now snuggled as the big spoon behind me, I felt comfortable. Not enough for sleep to take me, but comfortable nonetheless. Warm and safe, in a place with memories that flushed back everytime I look at the small crack in the wall near the ceiling from an earthquake one year, or the black stain in the far corner floor board of the first time I used permanent marker and lost the cap.

I laid for hours like this after we got back, Liam's arm around my middle, holding me against him while his breath warmed my hair at the back of my head. He was like a teddy bear.

My gaze moved to the pillow under my face, gently picking at a string that stuck out from the casing. I felt my stomach rumble under Liam's arm and my hands flew down to cover it, attempting to muffle the sound so I didn't wake him.

I slowly and carefully turn my head toward Liam, my eyes scanning over his face and I knew then that he was a decently heavy sleeper.

I gently grip his wrist and bring his arm from around my body, the chilled early morning air finding it's way to nip at the skin of my exposed legs as I pull myself free from Liam and the blankets. I shuffle over to the edge and sit there for a moment, running my fingers through my hair and taking deep breaths.

I felt tired, my body was exhausted from all the emotions and running of the night, but my mind wouldn't shut up long enough to grant me sleep.

I sigh quietly and stand from the bed, peering over at the nightstand to see the time flashing across my dark lockscreen of my phone.

6:37am.

I turn myself toward the door, opening the white painted barrier and walking out, slowly strolling down the hall to make sure that the floor boards didn't creek under my weight too much.

I made it to the kitchen with just three small creeks that felt like it sounded as if world war 3 began in the hallway, slicing through the silence. I knew it probably wasn't as bad as I thought it was.

I flipped on the switch for the lights over the sink and ghosted throughout the kitchen, peering in each cabinet for anything that could settle my stomach a bit. I found it a relief that their was insta-coffee in the first set of doors that I opened and decided on that.

Plenty of ingredients for plenty styles of coffee were in this cabinet, even different flavored sugar free syrup. I pulled out the vanilla and caramel, along with sugar packets and cream, before I began to hunt down the mugs.

Finally gathering everything together, I quietly sang to myself as I readied the water to heat in the microwave. As I move around and make a steaming cup, my actions slow as the morning sun illuminated the sky more and more, I sang Three Little Birds by Bob Marley.

I couldn't help the image of Edward coming to my mind, how he held me the day we were in my room packing and I started crying. How he sang this one song to me and how much it's meant since then.

"Don't worry, about a thing..
Because every little thing, is gonna be alright.
Rise up this morning, smile with the rising sun,
Three Little Birds is by my doorstep, singing sweet songs,
A melody pure and true. Saying; this my lesson to you..."

I lift the mug to my lips as I stare out of the kitchen window that overlooked the street outside, the thin curtains that framed this said window were cute and decorative, especially for a guy.

I stood there, contemplating what I was to do now that I knew of what happened. Do I forgive my family and Edward? Or go back to Florida and forget them?

What would I be going back to? More lies? More secrecy and devious plots to be hidden from things?

A baby brother or sister?