32. Liar

In my room, I had unpacked all my clothes whilst sending respond texts to Edward, who was very interested in what I thought Zayn would've said to him if I didn't hang up earlier. The 'ifs' and possible theories got way out of hand and somehow we had ended up talking about Zayn turning into a huge ass monster and terrorizing a small poor village all while talking to Edward about what the locket meant from him to me.

It was fun, and I found myself smiling stupidly each time I would look down at my phone screen, sending unnecessary amounts of random emojis. I don't think we were using them correctly, but it made everything all the more entertaining.

I stood in front of the body length mirror that had its own hold and contemplated wearing the light blue blouse that seems looser on my frame, or a tighter-than-loose pearl colored blouse. My phone vibrating on my bed covers had me throwing both options aside and I answered quickly.

"Hello?" I ask.

"So, about Zayn-zilla," Edward started and I couldn't help the giggles that involuntarily seeped past my lips. "Alyssa says he's the sweetest of everyone in the world. What's your opinion?"

"Well, he is sweet." I admit. And he is. He's a great brother, and hasn't proved me wrong yet. "But I still think he'd kill before allowing me the access to hang out with his friends."

"It's a good thing he doesn't think of me as his friend then, yeah?" Edward jokes.

"Oh, yeah," I chuckle. "Very-"

"Marley, you better be getting your butt ready in there!" Zayn shouted through the closed door, knocking loudly.

"I am, leave me alone!" I shouted back. I wonder if he was always this bossy?

"Oh, someone's in trouble." Edward sang through the call.

"That someone will be you if you don't shut up." I teased, sliding my shirt off and placing it in the dirty hamper.

"But, I'm never in trouble." I could hear the pout in his voice.

"That's a lie-"

"Are you on the phone?" Zayn asks through the door, his shadow under it shifting with his movements.

"Maybe," I say. "I'll be in the shower soon, go take your own advice and wash your nasty tooshie."

"My tooshie is not nasty!" Zayn shouts, stomping away from my door. "We'll be late and it'll be all on you."

"Okay!" I call to him, causing him to groan. I sighed in content and focus back on the call. "I love having a brother. Someone I can make trouble to and he'll love me despite it all."

"You're so twisted." Edward chuckles. "Now, can Donnie expect to see you before you leave for this fancy dinner?"

"Of course." I answer. "Lemme shower first and I'll call you on Skype while I get myself ready."

"Sure thing. But be quick! Goblins are watching."

"What-?" Before I could get more out, the call ended and I dropped my phone to my mattress I haven't yet used, and covered my shirtless body with my arms, reaching for my folded clothes I'll be wearing tonight and hugging it to my body, escaping into the bathroom. I hung my locket up on a hook outside of the shower.

Stripping myself down, I didn't rush my shower. The hot steam felt nice against my tense muscles and I stood with my back to the large shower head, my head hung and wet hair falling in a veil around my face. My arms were limp at my sides and my eyes were closed.

I felt all my emotional distress being washed down the drain and all I could think about was- no, not the Goblins, but being in a new place, with new faces. My real family. No matter how much I wanna think of this situation as terrible and completely unplanned, I like being here. I like seeing people who hold the same face structure, the same blood. I like feeling in a place where, no matter what, I'll be okay in.