84. Airport

As I sit at the airport, thoughts of yesterday come crashing into my mind.

I thought of how Zayn walked me back to Landon's house and came inside, explaining what we spoke of on the way back to the place, telling Liam and Landon that I was finally convinced that he was right and that going back to my old life, my old home, was what's best for me.

He spoke of how drama shouldn't be a constant roll in my life, how he wanted me to take the steps back I needed and be in a place familiar to me, streets and road ways and parks I've lived around for the years I still remember. He wanted me to be okay and he wanted me comfortable.

I couldn't tell him that I was comfortable with him.

I wanted to, I wanted to tell him that the reason I asked to speak to him specifically was because, despite what he did, he was my comfort zone. He took me in, made me feel like family, gave me a life I never knew I could really have. And lastly, he searched for me. He searched hard, as far as he could on his own.

I wanted to stay and not leave him for the one thing he did wrong, and stay for all the things that he did right.

But he thought this was good for me, and he thought that it would help me and the reason I kept quiet was because a part of me knows he's right and knows that admitting this was hard on him. He cried when he spoke of it, he stammered over his words when they failed him from emotional distress.

So, I nodded along.

Landon and Liam accompanied Zayn and I back to the Malik's house, where everyone else was. As we walked through the front door, Safaa popped up and quickly apologized for her roll in what happened and I reassured her that she was forgiven, just like her brother, sisters, and parents.

Yaser and Jason were in the kitchen, talking about whatever it is they were to intent on saying to each other when Zayn called everyone into the living room. And in that moment, I met my baby sister for the first time.

Nadia.

Just as Zayn had said, she was so sweet, with bright green eyes and curly blonde hair that wigged out everywhere even though it was still short. Her cheeks were full and her white skirt was stained, but she was beautiful.

The best part? She looked like Jason and Emily's biological daughter. Mother's green eyes, father's dark blonde hair. Like a real family. She would fit in with no worry.

Zayn explained again that he convinced me what he thought was best was right, but this time, he got a reaction.

*Flashback*

"Wait, what?" Patricia asks, her eyes glaring at her son's face before they soften and land on me, who stood next to him. "Y-you can't go."

"Patricia, please don't make this harder-" I start to say but she cut me off.

"Than it already is?" She finishes. "Hard? It's hard already, we're losing you all over again to them! We just got you back, you're my baby!"

Her words were raw and emotional, and I couldn't help my legs as they moved me closer to her. I grasped her hands in my own and guided her to stand from her position on the arm of the couch.

"I love you, Marley..." She whispers into the air between us, her breath heavy and her eyes saddened. "Please, stay. I'm your mother."

My arms went around her then. I pulled her into the most constructing hug I've ever given anyone in my life.

"You're not just my mother," I whisper close to her ear. "You're my mom. And I love you. But I have to go."

She broke down in my arms as soon as I finish talking.