72. Locked Doors

"Marley, can I just-?"

"No," I quietly scolded Edward. "Stop saying that you're sorry. It's really okay. It doesn't hurt anymore."

Since the hot food incident, Edward has apologized way more than he should. Or, way more than a regular guy would. The skin on my arms and chest were red, and it stung a bit, but I didn't want him to continue feeling guilty about it. He was like a sad puppy.

We've been waiting outside for fifteen minutes now, Edward had called our driver back early, so it's taking him a bit more time to get there with the short notice.

"I'm sorry that it did." Edward says sadly. "It was all ruined, I ruined it. I was nervous and rushing, and I didn't see him. I should've seen him."

"I will pinch you, don't make me pinch you, Mr. Dean." I readied my thumb and index near him, eyes squinted.

"I deserve it." He sighs and holds his arm out closer to me, his lips pulling down into a slight pout and his eyes close, waiting for the sting of the pinch.

But the sight of his pout tugged at my heart strings and the hand I threatened to pinch him with moved up to caress his cheek. His eyes instantly opened.

"I accept your apologies. All the ones you've said or are going to say." I reassured him, a small smile forming on my lips.

Edward shifted in his stance, bringing himself closer to me before his arms wrapped around my waist so our food-covered bodies were flushed against each other.

"You're amazing, Marley. I'm sorry."

"Stop saying that you're sorry, I'm sure I can pay Perrie back for the dress."

"No, I meant that I'm sorry for- Wait. That's not even your dress?! Oh, my god!"

I laugh quietly and press my cheek against his chest, my eyes slipping closed before his arms move up to tighten around my shoulders.

"Don't feel bad. I'm sure her allowance is more than the cost of this dress."

Just as I finished the sentence, our ride pulls up in front of us, the doors sounding with a click to let us know that it was unlocked.

"Lets go back to the hotel and get cleaned up before I explode with "I'm sorry"s." Edward says, finally pulling away and motioning toward the limo before opening the door closest to his. "C'mon, you filthy little princess."

I chuckle and move around him to climb in, sitting myself down on the opposite side so he had plenty of room.

"Yeah? And who's fault is it that I'm all filthy?" I ask before he could climb in.

He ducked down before slumping in through the door, groaning out before the sound turned into a whine. "I'm sorry."

* * *

As Edward walked me to the room I shared with Zayn, he mumbled soft words under his breath, trying to come up with something to say to my brother about what happened that didn't make it sound so bad.

"Edward?" I asked, cutting him off from his soft mental conversation as we made it to the door.

"Yes?"

"Do you have a room in this hotel?"

Without speaking, he lifted his finger and pointed to a door just two rooms down.

"It'll be okay, alright? Don't worry about what Zayn will think. Thank you for taking me out this evening, even if it didn't turn out how you wanted." I place my hand on his shoulder and lean in the kiss his cheek softly. "We could always try again."