10. Tuna

"He's not very fond of other people, so we'll sit in the bleachers above." Edward said quickly, walking up the bleachers that over looked the tank. They sat close to the top, able to see everything that will be going on.

Now that I knew I was walking around the side of Donnie's tank alone, I felt like breaking down. I wasn't very comfortable with crying in front of people or in public.

Water sprayed up into the air on the other side of the tank and I peeked in through the thick glass that made up the walls, seeing only black and white. I trailed my fingers against the glass until I came up to the stairs and walked up them, coming up to the platform that sat a foot above the water. I walked the surface until I took a step down onto the flooring that allowed a few inches of water to come up.

Donnie's head was seen peeping out of the waters surface and he started to hum, but it was different than before. It was sorrowful; sad and even depressing.

It made me want to cry that much more.

The sound became louder, piercing, and I felt my heart break and my chest ache, my knees started to wobble. It sounded as if this beautiful creature was sobbing and I wanted to join him. I wanted to fall my tears with this marine parks most misunderstood whale.

With his sounds of distress, everything summed up: If I'm adopted, I've been living a life with lies and secrets. My parents wouldn't even be my parents. But worst of all, as a defenseless baby, I was unwanted and unloved by the one who was supposed to protect me and care for me with every fiber in her being.

Donnie disappeared from view, leaving me to sob in my hands and fill my palms with salty tears, until water waves lashed over my ankles and the bottom of Edward's pants I had on got soaked at the bottom. I pulled my hands away from my face and looked over at Donnie, who came onto the watered platform. He wasn't posing but I walked over to him and placed my hands, arms wide, on either side of his massive head. I dipped my head in depression and closed my eyes, letting my tears run down my cheeks as Donnie changed the pitch in his voice to a low sound that strangely seeped comfort throughout my entirety. You know how people talk about their dogs knowing their emotions as purely as if it were their own? I guess whales with a bond have the same feelings as well.

I knew we had an audience, I knew Martin and Edward was watching closely because it was Donnie, but I didn't care. I haven't cried in quite a while and it felt good to finally let out pent up emotions. Even if it was to a funny feeling sack of blubber.

His head twitched upward after a few moments of my sobs getting quieter, pushing me backwards. "Hey, what was that for?" I asked, rubbing one of my eyes. I wanted a hug. By taking a step closer to him, he pushed me back again. Okay, this made me want to cry, too.

He turned himself slightly, bumping my back until I was closer to the water of his tank. He came closer, sliding into the deeper water and hummed at me.

"I can't, I don't have extra clothes." I said, pulling out at Edward's shirt I was wearing while shaking my head. I'd be damned if I have to wear, wash, and return more than one outfit to Edward. I'll just.... Oh, god.

Before really thinking about what I was doing, I messed with the buckle of the belt to loosen up while stepping off of the watered platform and sliding the pants to my ankles, then kicking them aside.

'Just don't think about the men in the bleachers', I told myself.

I slid off the shirt and tossed it to the dry pavement. I took a breath, pressing the fact that I stood in a match lace black bra and panties to the back of my head, and dived in to the tank to the side of the killer whale. I kicked to propel myself downwards in the water until I turned positions and pressed my feet to the bottom, floating back up to mid-way.