27. Family

Zayn guided me up the few steps to the front door and didn't bother to knock, allowing everyone in.

"Anybody home?" Zayn calls from the entrance.

"Zayn!" A small voice yelled, footsteps hurriedly rushing down the stairs. More footsteps were heard running up to our right. Three girls- two running and one walking quickly- to embrace their brother....our brother.

Safaa, Waliyha, Doniya.

"I missed you." Safaa says, bouncing in place in front of Zayn.

"Hi, I'm Doniya." A feminine voice said beside me, capturing my attention. Her accent was more so as harsh as Zayn's, smooth yet very prominent. She quickly leaned in for a greeting cheek kiss and I returned the gesture.

"I'm Marley." I answer.

Waliyha and Safaa didn't greet me, but they looked at me- stared for a minute, actually. Safaa's eyes were beautiful, different from the rest of our siblings but still very different from mine.

"Is Niall, Harry, or Liam now taken?" Doniya joked.

"She's not any of their girlfriend, Doniya." Zayn reassures.

"Oh," Confusion rests in her features. "Okay."

"Wheres mum and dad?" Zayn asks, placing his hand on the small of my back and guiding me with them.

"Kitchen. Mum has been working on dinner all day. I keep asking her of the occasion but she only shrugs." Doniya answers.

My eyes glanced between all of them, and they all have features that look the same. I feel as if I had nothing to give in that department. Safaa's grey eyes watched me and when she smiled, it was lovely and warm.

Walking through the kitchen doorway, I froze. Hearing the movements in the kitchen stilled my heart for a moment before the beating picked up.

"It's okay." Zayn cooed quietly, wrapping his arms around me in a reassuring hug. "It's time."

When he pulled away, Doniya and Waliyha were sharing confused looks. My eyes involuntarily dropped to the floor as I finally appeared in the brightly lit kitchen, silence following my presence.

"Zayn..." A unfamiliar woman's voice softly said.

"It's her." Zayn says, guiding me further into the room. My eyes were trained on the clean white tiles of the kitchen. "Marley?"

My eyes shot up to Zayn's before instinctively finding the people who I haven't seen before. My eyes locked with who I'm guessing is Patricia, tears brimming her dark brown eyes. Her gaze was piercing, her lips parted, her features full of so many emotions that I could barely pick out which kind.

I could feel the burning stares from everyone around us and could feel the tension thick in the air. Silence; there was no sound and no movement. Breathing was all that was heard past the loud pulsing sound in my ears. My head felt like it was gonna combust.

"Mum," Zayn breaks the silence. "Can I speak with you?"

Patricia nodded before exiting the kitchen with her son, my eyes following them.

"I'm Yaser." A deep voice echoes through the room, drawing my attention back to my siblings father.

"Marley." I squeaked, shaking his large callused hand.

"How do you know my son?" Yaser asks, picking up a chopped baby carrot from the pile he was cutting.

"I..." I don't know how to answer that. He doesn't know who I am and his wife is who will inform him.