64. Pain and Eddie.

I stayed silent, unsure of what to say as the doctors and nurses continuously hovered over me when I had woken up, even after they knew I was fine; they stuck around.

I could feel the bandages covering and wrapped around my feet, I could feel the sting of the cuts there when I moved my legs. I could feel the slight aching pain in my shoulder and that I had been propped up, away from that side to relieve some unnecessary discomfort.

But as soon as the doctor did his last check up on the liquids that injected into my body, I sighed heavily. The action caused my eyes to shut as I allowed myself to feel everything discomforting and aching in my being.

"How long have I been out?" I ask. Although I feel the pain, its not as bad as I'd thought. Was that the medicine?

Sounds echoed in my head, as if I were in a tunnel, though I've been awake for almost twenty minutes.

"Two years." Edward replied near instantly.

"Two years?!" I screech, struggling to sit up in my cot, completely shocked.

"No, pet. " Patricia says to me, her hand coming to gently caress mine as she grinds the chair across the floor to be closer to me. "He's joking."

Her voice showed no concern for the other two in the room, her eyes traveling all over my face, searching for something.

I lean back now and balance on one elbow, not wanting to sit up anymore. My head was dancing, and being propped up this way oddly took a lot out of me, so I carefully sank back down against the uncomfortable mattress.

"Sorry, Marley." Edward guiltily apologized. "Just tried to lighten the mood."

I saw Patricia look up at Edward when he took a step forward into the room, leaving Zayn alone and silent at the mouth of the door. Edward slid a single packed bag down to the ground just on the inside of the door before coming closer to where I lay, sitting on the last available uncomfortable-looking chair in the room.

"Edward," I say as he sits on the opposite side of me from Patricia. Her body relaxed at his name, giving a soft sigh. Did she not know who he was? "This is my mom. Mom, this is Edward."

I look over at her when she doesn't extend her hand, and she's already looking down at me. She seemed to appreciate the fact that I couldn't deny that title from her anymore. However, she seemed to shake out of it after a moment and held her hand out in greeting toward Edward.

After they exchanged 'hello's, I could feel, literally feel, the pain medicine wearing too thin for me to feel comfortable in my skin anymore. But I kept my mouth shut.

But I had other urges before I wanted to continue anymore of a conversation.

"I really have to pee." I whine out quietly, my eyes shamefully looking up at the boring tiled ceiling.

"We'll have them bring in a wheelchair-" Patricia says quickly, but I shook my head.

"Let me walk. I need to stretch myself out." I huff, gripping the closest thing to me, which was ironically Edward's hand. He helped me to sit up and Patricia's hand took my other. Together, they helped me to sit up with my legs dangling over the edge of the cot, just in front of Edward's chair.

I look up at Zayn and his face was a mask. He looked to be worrying of something else. He seemed so bothered with his thoughts.

I look back to the others helping me, concentrating again at the task at hand.

My body felt limp when I sat up like this and I knew it was the medicine I was injected with for the past three days. But I forced myself to do this. I can. I hate feeling helpless.