43. Family Love

We arrived at their house, Zayn parking along the street while Yaser parked around back of the large home. We climbed out of the car, Zayn jogging over to me.

"How was it?" He asks. We walked slow so we could be the last to enter the house.

"Our sisters were arguing." I said with a shrug.

"Oh, yeah," Zayn chuckled nervously. "I should've warned you about them."

"That wouldn't have prepared me for how loud they get." I giggle quietly. "But it wasn't all bad. They started fighting over the radio being broken and asked me to sing. That's when the fighting really happened and I sang just to stop it from escalating."

"You sang for them?" He smiled, holding the house door open for me.

"I Beyoncè'd that car up." I squealed, entering through the kitchen where everyone stood.

"We had a front row concert, son." Yaser bragged.

"Lucky you," Zayn scoffs. "But she lives at mine, so I can have her sing to me whenever I want."

"I wouldn't hold your breath." I smile.

"Have you ever thought of making yourself known?" Patricia asks me, everyone's eyes shooting to her.

"Just YouTube." I answer with a shake of my head, everyone noticeably relaxing when my response wasn't sarcastic or mean.

"What about a real recording label?" She asks.

"No, no." I chuckle out a scoff and drop my vision to the counter top in front of me. "That's a lot to do and it just seems scary. I usually don't perform in front of people. In the car and in front of Edward's family is the only time I really sang in front of live people. I've done it for a talent show once, but that was against my will and I nearly choked. I haven't really sang in front of crowds since. Aside from my friends that sometimes play instruments in some of my videos, I don't perform in front of anyone, its why I closed my eyes."

"Maybe coming out to the world will help you over come your stage fright." Zayn suggested.

"Or maybe it'll scare me back to Florida." I try to joke, ending with a sigh. "People will judge, they always judge. I can handle judgment through a screen, but not face to face."

"But you told me once that you've taken pictures with a few of your YouTube fans." Safaa announces. "They love you."

"But not all do." I respond.

"Marley," Zayn says, a smile creating his eyes to look even more pinched on the outsides. "We have a whole fan base of people who hate One Direction. But you know what's greater? The love from the fans. There are more lovers than haters out there. Judging is a part of life, even now people are judging us. Mum is probably judging the way I'm talking right now."

Patricia giggles lightly and shakes her head at Zayn, Yaser draping an arm around her shoulders.

"It's not even about the fame. It's about making people happy with the sound of your own voice. And from what I understand, and haven't heard yet-" Zayn pouted. "- Your voice is one for the great."

"That's really touching," I tell him, patting his hand. "But I'm not taking a record deal. I'm scared. I'm sixteen!"

"I was seventeen when I auditioned for the X Factor." He informed.

"But I'm not as confident-"

"I came from YouTube as well. I posted videos just as you do- singing and goofing off with my friends. You can make it big, too. A talent shouldn't go unnoticed."