70. London

"I'll see you later." Edward calls to me when I'm seen descending the stairs. I had just woke up because I heard laughter before my alarm. Really loud laughter at seven-thirty in the morning.

"Where are you going?" I mumble, folding my arms across my chest. I was still angry at him for what he did to me yesterday.

He walks over to me, leaning in for a kiss on the cheek but I side step him and walk toward the kitchen, my brothers laughter still ringing clear from that room.

"Dammit, Marley." Edward sighs sadly. "I told you how undoubtedly sorry I was. Please gimme one kiss?"

The kitchen became quiet as I turned just before the doorway to face Edward out of view of Zayn. I make myself appear more tired than I actually am.

"Mwah. Don't jump out in front of any cars. Wouldn't want your life to be put IN DANGER." I turn back on my heel but his arms snake around my waist, holding me back again him in a desperate hug from behind.

"Okay, I won't." He nearly purred happily.

"That was sarcasm, you idiot." I couldn't help the light laughter that left my lips, his hair tickling my cheek. "Now get off. Where are you going?"

As he let me go, I turned to face him with a more lightened spirit.

"I'm gonna head over to Yaser and Patricia's place. He and I are gonna see the lot that the house burned on."

I take in a deep breath and nod softly. "Why?"

"It was all knocked down, cleared out, and your grandparents wanna see if they can rebuild another house." Edward lifted his shoulders in a slight movement.

"Why are you going? Shouldn't Zayn be the one to?" I ask lightly. I don't know if I'm ready to be near that lot yet. Thinking of the fire, it stuttered my heart until it sped up, like I ran a marathon.

"Zayn has company, and I don't mind-"

"Company?" I turn my head and finally walk into the kitchen, my eyes settling on two pairs of coffee brown ones.

"Good morning, Marley." The guest says cheerfully, his birthmark upon his neck standing out, even under a short layer of facial hair.

"Liam, how are you?" I politely ask. Edward stepped closer to me and lightly pinched my elbow for my attention but I didn't give it to him.

"I'm doing well myself, thank you for asking. You?" Liam answered and redirected his eyes, catching the contact between Edward and I when he touched my elbow.

"I'm alive, so I can't complain too much." I say with a shrug just as Edward pinches me again. I quickly dart my hand out and pinch his side.

"Ow!" Edward exclaimed just as Liam began to say, "You can complain as much as you want."

"Lots of people complain about their lives, mine wouldn't make a differ-" I was interrupted by another assault.

Edward pinches my upper arm now, as revenge, a pout on his lips as if he were a child. I furrow my eyebrows and pinch his stomach.

"Stop it." I whine.

"You started it." He counters, pinching the back of my hand.

"Ow, you dick." I grumble, jabbing my finger into his shoulder.

"I didn't poke you!" He says, rubbing the spot I jabbed. And so we began stabbing each other with our index fingers.

"You pinched me first!" I say, moving my hands around to bat his away before he could touch me.