38. Guests

I woke up feeling great.

The awkward first conversation I have been dreading between Edward and Zayn had finally happened, and they like each other- strangely enough.

Edward had texted me late in the night, before he went to sleep, that Alyssa wouldn't speak to him because he had spoken to Zayn on Skype. He expressed that she was very jealous and nearly kicked him between the legs.

I bet it was because he was bragging about having spoken to a member of her favorite band. If so, he was asking for so much more than a nut shot.

I texted him back as soon as I woke up, hoping it'd be really early in the morning just to get back at him for sending me one while I slept. I had woken up from a beautiful dream of swimming with Donnie because my phone sounded with the noise of a text message.

I smiled to myself before getting out of bed and readying myself enough to look presentable but casual enough to wear around the house.

I threw my hair up into a messy bun, keeping myself dressed in my light pink night sweater with 'Boss' printed on the front, it hung over my shoulder and exposed my bra strap, and the sweat pants I borrowed from Liam- because I was never allowed to own a pair and their pretty frickin comfortable.

I skipped down the stairs after having brushed my teeth and went over to the living room, jumping on to the couch and grabbing the book at the top of the stack on the small coffee table. I pulled my knees up and stared at the cover.

"The Lovely Bones?" I ask myself quietly before I heard footsteps coming toward the couch. I watched most of this movie with Edward. With my back still turned toward Zayn, I spoke again. "You like this book?"

"Yeah, it's a good read." Zayn answers, coming around the arm of the couch I'm leaning on and sitting on the table in front of me. "You look comfy."

"I really am." I smile proudly.

"We have guests." Zayn says, glancing behind me.

"If its the family, I'm okay. They won't judge-" As I spoke the last sentence, I was already turning around. I shot up to my feet next to Zayn. "Oh, crap. Hello."

"Good morning." Liam says with a light smile, the woman next to him sharing the same gesture.

I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear out of discomfort and licked my suddenly dry lips. "I didn't know you were coming."

"I can see that." Liam answers, nodding his head at my outfit. "Are those mine?"

"No, they're mine now. Too comfy to give them back." I try to joke.

"I know what you mean." Liam smiles before raising his eyebrows, looking down at the woman beside him. "This is my mum, Karen."

"Hello, Karen." I say, stepping forward and holding out my hand, she took it with a soft genuine smile. "I'm Marley."

"I've heard so much about you, Marley." Karen answers.

"Oh, really?" I ask, suddenly interested. "Do tell."

"Liam has brought you up a lot, saying Zayn had found his half sister after years of searching." She smiles at Zayn who still sat next to me on the coffee table. He smiles back.

"Oh, yeah." I nod, motioning to myself. "Kind of a disappointment."

"Oh, darling. You're gorgeous, just as Liam said." Karen says, placing a hand on my cheek as she looked at me through her glasses.

"Mum." Liam warned in a groan, turning away. His mother dropped her hand from my flushed face.

"So, what has gotten you guys to drive all the way out here?" I ask, sitting beside Zayn and motioning my hand to gesture the guests to sit down.