20. Marine Park After Dark

After everything that Edward had done for me today, I was happy because it was amazing, but now that the sun started to set, I expected his good bye some time soon. I prepared myself, thinking of the things I could do to occupy my mind so I don't have to think about where I would be staying tonight. I know I should go home, but I just don't want to. I don't want to deal with the after math of my crying mother and infuriated father.

They possibly will try to convince me to stay.

"So, what are you doing tonight?" I asked as casually as I possibly could.

We had stayed at the small fair celebration thingy on the pier all day. But now that stars were slowly, but surely, making their appearance in the sky, we were leaving....but I didn't want to go. The rides had closed down hours ago, but the games and food stands were still open.

"I have things I need to do." Edward shrugged off. "If you want, you could come help?"

"Help?" I asked hesitantly. He needed help to see someone tonight? "Uh, where will we be going?"

"I have some things to do at the marine park. Gave Martin a call to let him know I'll be there tonight."

"Oh." Okay. I can relax with that answer. "I'd love to help. It's not like I plan on going home tonight. I'm officially kicked out."

"I'm so sorry about that."

"Don't be. It wasn't your fault."

"Though it wasn't, I still feel bad that it happened."

"I'll be in England within twenty-four hours. I can be homeless until then."

"I won't allow that."

"Allow wha-?"

"You're staying with me again tonight. And I'll sleep on the floor this time, so you won't be uncomfortable. I'm not letting you stay homeless for a night."

Awh, he's so sweet.

"Thank you, Edward." I genuinely said.

The drive back to the marine park was longer. The short cut would've taken me past the street that my parents house was on. I'm thankful that he was thoughtful enough to take the long way. As we arrived at the marine park, I noticed that he avoided going to the front parking lot and instead parked in the back. Okay, then. Maybe we can stop by Donnie's tank so I can have my heart ripped out and crushed while I say goodbye to him.

Dramatic.

"So, what do we have to do here?" I asked, unbuckling and reaching for the car door handle.

"I'm just gonna let Martin know we're here."

"Is he still in his office?"

"No. It's so he can notify the night guards and they can let us in."

"Oh, okay." I haven't met the night guards, but I heard that they were nice. Good, well hearted men. After a quick message was sent, we waited.

We leaned up against the front of Edward's jeep, staying in silence until the gates were to be open for us. I shifted my weight from one foot to the other, feeling a bit uncomfortable on my feet since I've barely sat down today.

"Here." Edward called for my attention before I felt hands on my hips. He effortlessly lifted me up onto the hood of his lifted jeep and he smiled up at me. "There you go. Better?"

"Yeah, thanks."

I kicked my feet out and watched the back of Edward's head as a couple minutes past. He was so nice and I bet his hair would feel great if I run my fingers through-