61. Boyfriend Problems

Zayn, Gloria, and I sat on the white leather couch in our grandparents home. Patricia's father, Donn, had gotten around to the party late. He and I talked for the remainder of the time that everyone was still here, which I didn't mind because he was warm, embracing, and funny.

But it was now just Patricia, Zayn, Gloria, Mary, Donn, Jerry, and Sandra. Jerry and Sandra were a couple who was expecting a new baby within the next three months.

They were saying good bye just as Gloria's phone started to vibrate and play music. A number flashed across the large screen and she quickly squeezed her eyes in frustration.

I watch her face as she steadies her breathing before pressing ignore. Another call came in a few a seconds after the sound ended the first time.

"Are you okay?" I ask, glancing down at her phone before trying to read her expression.

"Yeah," She sighs. "It's just my boyfriend."

"Oh," I didn't want to push for information because I didn't want to be nosey. "Okay."

It kind of confused me that she has a boyfriend but got really defensive when I was caught by the press with Liam.

"He won't leave me alone." She sighs. "I tried to break up with him but he's not accepting it and its starting to scare me."

Okay, good. She's quenching my curiosity.

"You want to break up with him, why?" I ask, turning in my seat to face her more. Zayn caught my eye and he shot a warning glance at me, as if to be careful. Has this happened before?

"Well, he's cheated on me a few times a couple months back, but now he's got that girl pregnant and I don't want anything to do with him." Gloria quickly explains, jumping into the story quickly. As if she needs the release. "But now he's getting aggressive and yelling at me. He even tried to hit me-"

Her phone started to go off in her lap and I nearly reached for it to cuss this guy out, but Zayn got to it first.

"How fucking dare you!" Zayn explodes into the phone, standing from the couch so Gloria wouldn't have the chance of taking the device back. She didn't even advance toward it, she just watched.

"He's gonna be so angry." She whispers, not tearing her eyes away from Zayn.

"Who am I?- you don't deserve to know that, what you deserve is my fist planted to your fucking jaw-" Zayn was interrupted before he began talking over Gloria's almost-ex. "Shut the fuck up, you flaming bastard."

"You really wanna break up with him?" I ask her. She faces me momentarily and nods.

I stand to my feet and hold my hand out toward Zayn, silently asking for the phone. He hesitates before passing it over.

"Hello?" I ask into the receiver.

"Who the fuck are you?" An angry deep voice asks. "Put Gloria on the phone."

"Uhm-" I look at Gloria then at Zayn. "You wanna hear a magic trick?" I ask the person on the phone.

"No, I don't wanna fucking hear-"

"It's funny." I say. "It's to make this situation a thousand times better."

"Fine," He sighed. "What is your magic trick?"

"Poof, you're single." I crooked my lips and hang up the phone, giving it back to Gloria.

Zayn chuckled. "That was so lame."

"Thanks, you guys." Gloria says, wiping carefully under her eyes.

Zayn and I sat back down to comfort her, only to hear Mary call for Gloria to finish the dishes.