5. '' No, no blood. ''

I decided to not even bother letting the comment get to me or make me doubt who I was. I was the daughter of the most stuck up parents around, I accepted that. So I fell asleep quickly to get my mind off of this absolute nonsense. I mean, it had to be nonsense, right?

I woke up the next morning from a shitty sleep and sighed, peeling myself from the comfort of my bed and started to get ready for work. As I readied myself with the regular routine, only my body was actually in the motion, not needing my mind so it wandered to the crazy situation this girl has set me in. I cleaned my teeth and brushed absentmindedly, but when tooth paste started to seep past my lips, I realized I brushed for more than five minutes and my gums started to hurt just a bit. I washed off the bristles and put it back on its holder, washing out my mouth and cleansing my face of the oil it collected during the night. I dressed quickly and pulled my strap-bag over my shoulders before leaving my room with my unflattering three-buttoned-deep-sea-blue work shirt with a dolphin's shadow jumping in front of a sunset over my left breast, plain faded denim jeans finishing off the outfit with my hair cascading down over my shoulders.

I descended the stairs quickly, changing shoes at the front door and opening up the wooden barrier before my father called out my name.

"Marley, where do you think your going?" He asked, coming down the stairs fixing his dressy-button down tan shirt that was tucked into his black pants.

"I have work today." I stated the obvious, gesturing to my clothes.

"Well, call in and tell them you'll be late-"

"Dad, I can't. That's too short of a notice."

"I scheduled a doctors appointment, Marley. They'll understand."

"I'm fine today." I lied lamely, only feeling the ache now that I've been reminded of it. It was actually more of a numb feeling after just waking up.

"Get in my car. But call Martin first. You'll get there after the doctor gives the 'okay'."

I turned reluctantly and rolled my eyes once I faced away from him, pulling my phone from my back pocket. I searched Martin's number and pressed the little green phone by the name. Pressing the speaker to my ear, I heard my dad take his car keys off the hook behind me. I slowly paced in the front yard while the call rang.

"Good morning, Marley." My boss answered cheerfully.

"Morning, Martin."

I called my boss by his first name because, even if he is in his mid-forties, he likes to think he's young and friends with all his employees, which is how he earned so much of my respect. He treats everyone as equals, unless you don't deserve it.

"And how are you this morning?"

"A bit frustrated, actually. But-"

"The parents again?" He questioned, but before I could answer, he continued. "The grown-ups just don't understand our struggles." He simply joked, laughing at his own comment and I couldn't help the smile that started to spread across my face.

"Yeah, they don't. But I got a bit hurt yesterday and my dad is making me see a doctor this morning, so-"

"Ermahgawd, are you okay?"

"I'm totally fine, though." I answered. "But you know how they are." I mumbled, knowing the presence of my father is just next to the apple-glossy red Chevrolet Camaro.

"It's fine, I'll call Kena in. Just let me know if you'll be coming in to relieve her."

"Okay. Thanks, Martin."

"No problem. Hang in there, Marley."

The line went dead shortly after his words and I slipped my phone back into my pocket and walked round front of the car, to the passenger side. My dad was already inside, messing with the many buttons that I didn't care to know what they did.