2. Marley

-Summer Of 2012-

Schools out, the sun is shining making the weather feel just right, the heat of the day dancing along my skin as the wheels on my boards ride me along side my three best friends in the world while riding down the sidewalk of Miami, Florida. Palm trees swaying in the slight breeze that stayed above our heads, ocean heard crashing off in the distance. It was a chill day.

But don't tell my parents I used the word 'chill', they'll bite my head off.

Smiling, I looked up to my skating friends.

There was Kena; who was sixteen and five foot, four inches with long black dyed hair and a beautiful made-you-jealous hour glass figure that adorned a halter top that was cut up above her belly-button and short faded denim shorts with the pockets shown at the bottom. Her eyes a golden brown and hobbies were musical, guitar and ukulele, which was awesome because we always have jam sessions over at her house. She was my best rocker/skater chick friend I have ever had.

Then there's Austin; who is seventeen and actually dating Kena. He was quite tall, standing at six foot and well built, muscles rippling down his arms with every flex. His amazing tan complimented his hazel eyes beautifully and his light brown hair always styled in a perfect quiff. He tells the worst jokes in the world, but that's what makes him so funny. Ah-a, don't let his exterior appearance fool you. He may be one of the coolest guys I know, but he's also the smartest. He tutors lower class-men.

And last but certainly not least, there's Jackson; also known as my neighborhood 'bad boy' just because he has ink running down his arms and piercings on his face. He's a senior, eighteen, also has a major attitude and is considered a rightful man-whore. He's got quite the looks actually, standing at six foot two inches with beach blonde hair that's almost now white at the tips. Speaking of his hair, his light blue eyes are always hidden behind it and it irritates me so much. They're so pretty and should be on full display! And his constant work-outs show immensely. He lives with his grandparents and, damn, is that kid spoiled. His wardrobe consists of lots of leather and his favorite noise to make is the music from hitting his drums. Kena actually accuses Jackson of being a softy when it comes to me and she thinks he may or may not have a crush on me. I don't see it, but she is surely convinced.

"Marley, skate park or beach?!" Kena yells back at me over her shoulder.

"Park." I called back.

I guess I should introduce myself as well as I did my friends.

Hi, I'm Marley. I'm sixteen and live in Florida with my mother, Emily, and my father, Jason. My family is rich, my dad working in the biggest bank of this state, and my mom being a top notch lawyer who never loses a case. With their wealth, my parents think that they're better than almost everyone around them. A nice home to which my parents call the other houses in our neighborhood garbage in comparison. Pets are a huge 'no-no' to them, which is why I got a part time job at the local Marine Park near by, it's where I met Kena and through her, Austin. My friends call me blunt, but I'm just very open. Honesty is the best quality. I'm five foot, six inches, with long wavy dark brown hair. My eyes are my best quality because they're such a piercing blue, everyone becomes mesmerized by them the first few times we meet until they're used to it. My parents always pushed me to be sporty, they also pushed me to be the best which is how I got the Captains spot on our school volley ball team. But I love to skate board, which my parents are against.

I wish that I could have a younger brother or sister, older even, I don't care but I'm on my own facing my parents.

One of the things my parents do approve of, is my singing. I'm quite good and tried out every year for the talent show, only to come out on top and have my parents proud that I'm the winner and everyone knows that no one is better than us Richards. I wasn't the one to put others down like that, but my parents are. They tried to teach me rights and wrongs, but a lot of their 'rights', I found very wrong. My favorite hobby has got to be YouTube. I didn't think it was a real hobby or anything, but talking to a camera and getting some positive feed back with words I use to inspire or sound silly and stupid, it made me feel happy. I also sang in my videos, doing covers of some of my favorite songs. My parents know I record myself, but they don't know that I post them to a popular social network. People around school who watch my videos, call me 'YouTube famous'.