3. Punished Warrior

So, being grounded wasn't so bad. My room was decently large and spacious, filled with absolutely nothing that framed my personality. I was way more colorful than my room made me out to be. No posters on the wall, no color to it either. My canopy bed made from soft materials and all my pillows were filled with feathers so my head sunk comfortably into them. The desk on the opposite side of the room held only a lamp and notepad with a designed glass cup holding pencils and pens.

I sat down in the high back spinning leather chair that was to the desk and slumped in my posture, toying with my long nails. Sitting in this chair for so long with my leg under me, one of my butt cheeks were going numb so I stood from my place and walked around, finding absolutely no interest in anything.

I came across my closet, the most colorful thing in this room containing all my clothing. Uniforms for school that just recently got let out, sophisticated clothes my parents make me wear when we have important people coming to dinner at our house to discuss business or if there is a meeting the whole family can go to. Then there is the colorful attire of my regular every day clothing which is middled in between the two other types of clothes. Front and center.

Magazines that were passed down to me from Kena scattered along a shelf on the side wall of the small walk-in closet. I couldn't help but have a major crush on John Mayer. 'Sleeping with a Broken Heart' was my favorite song of his. I knew he was way too old for me, but I imagined our wedding to be the wedding of the century. Then Johnny Depp will swoop in and sweep me off my feet and we'd ride a pirates ship off into the sunset while John sings out across the water with a song he wrote just for me, then Orlando Bloom will gracefully came in dressed as his sexy elf character, Legolas, and ask for my hand in marriage before Johnny and him have a battle for my heart.

I blinked rapidly, coming back to reality.

Although my closet is the most interesting of my room, it didn't hold my interest for very long. I strolled through my room and walked over to my glass door, pulling it open to bring the warm breeze in and walked out onto the balcony that is on the third story of our house, the top floor where only my room exists and the attic is a small room above me.

I huffed out an irritated sigh and pulled myself up on the rails to hoist myself up onto the roof and watch as the sun sets down. The look of huge buildings off in the distance created a fairy tail lighting illuminating a trance to anyone who looked at it. Florida was pretty at night.

My fathers car was heard being pulled up into the driveway seconds before the door was shut loudly. He was still upset, not that I lied and practically snuck around behind they're back, but because I got hurt. What a stupid reason on why I'm punished. Stomps were heard coming up the stairs and I sat with my knees to my chest, pinching the tips of my shoes and lifting them while wiggling them just on my heels. We wore shoes in the house, but its not the ones we're aloud to wear outside. When you come home, you take your outside shoes off by the door and put your inside shoes on. Mine were both converses.

Voices traveled up the stairs, loud voices of my father and mother, as a white butterfly danced in the wind not far from my reach. They argued over what happened, my father quickly trying to explain and my mother trying to state that I was at the library. Loud banging came upon my bedroom door before the noise ceased and the door flew open and hit the wall.

I knew what was next: panic.

"Marley? Marley!"

My name was being shouted out of worry and annoyance that they couldn't find me. I sighed, might as well face them now.

I carefully slid down the roof until I hung over the balcony, then I dropped down, using the rail to catch myself. When I caught myself wrong and I landed slightly hunched over it, I cursed mentally knowing well enough that the only cuss words aloud in this house is if mom lost a case or if dad didn't make bank.