41. Safaa & Therapy

~Zayn's POV before dinner~

I watched as Marley left the kitchen, my head turned in her direction as I stayed seated on the counter chair.

"Who do you think called?" Liam asks. My eyes meet his and his face shows nothing more than curiosity. My feelings of having him a crush on my sister I spent so long trying to get back into my life had set me in a funk when I'm around him, but I'm behaving well because we're around family and also for the fact that he's one of my closest mates.

"Dunno." I answer honestly, though my guess would be just as good as anyone else's. "Maybe Edward."

I like Edward; yes. He was nice to my sister and treated her with smiles and flushed cheeks. One Skype call was all it really took to see that they're probably dating on the down low.

"Has her parents tried to contact her?" My dad asks me, his raven black hair always slicked back.

"Not that I know of." I answer with a shake of my head. "Could be either one."

"My money is on Edward." Waliyha says cockily with a slight shrug.

"Twenty on her parents." Doniya bets, holding a hand out as a deal official offer. As they shook hands, Safaa steps away from mum and makes her way over to the entrance of the kitchen.

"Where are you going?" Dad asks her.

"To ask Marley who called her." Safaa answers as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Just let her come back and tell us," I suggest. "Let her talk to who ever it is."

"No." And with that, Safaa takes herself towards the front door.

"She's a curious one, isn't she?" Geoff chuckles. "Like her father."

"Hey," My dad defends jokingly. "I'm not poking my nose into every situation."

"Not every, but most." Liam's father pats mine on the back and they clink their beer glasses together.

The two men joked while Liam wiped his wet hands on a dish towel, turning to face everyone while his mom worked on chopping vegetables next to him, dismissing his help when he offered.

"I love my little heart locket." Waliyha randomly said.

"Did you know that the iconic valentine heart shape is not actually based on the shape of a human heart, but rather on the shape of a buttocks of a woman bending over?" Liam asks, silencing everyone in the large kitchen, Karen looking up from her knife, staring at her son as if he grown another head.

After a moment of quiet and disbelief stares, Doniya spoke up, "So, I spent the whole seventh grade dotting my I's with little asses?"

We all burst into laughter, no one in the room being able to help themselves. When we finished finding what Doniya said funny, we all had tears in our eyes that needed to be wiped away.

Safaa comes back into the kitchen and goes straight to mum, her face glum as she kept her stare on the floor.

"What's going on, Safaa?" Liam asks, his bottom lip jutting out just a bit as he took her in slightly sadden features.

"Marley and Edward broke up. They were talking about him seeing other girls while she's here." My youngest sister answers.

"He cheated on Marley?" Liam asks, his eyes glancing up at me.

My jaw clenched shut and I was instantly angry. I was on my feet and walking toward the kitchen door, ready to take Marley's phone and give Edward a piece of my mind.