Home

July Prompt - Lamppost

~~~

"And when, many years later, another child from our world got into Narnia, on a snowy night, she found the light still burning."

When Lucy found the wardrobe in the professors house, she was in awe. It was much bigger than any wardrobe she'd ever seen before. And prettier. She was completely fascinated by it.

So she opened the door, and stepped inside. Planning to hide in here during the game of hide and seek. But, as she stepped back, looking for the back of the wardrobe, she didn't find one.

Instead she felt something crunchy beneath her feet, and she felt tree branches at her fingertips. Suddenly Lucy began to feel cold.

Turning around, she realized she was no longer in a wardrobe, but in a snowy land. And it was the most beautiful snow she'd ever seen.

It was cold like any other snow, but the snowflakes were the biggest she'd ever seen. And they were so soft. The snow was beautiful, fluffy and powdery.

Lucy couldn't help but smile as she walked along, this place was so beautiful. And something inside her was telling her not to go back, but to journey on. And with her curiosity, she just couldn't help herself.

As she walked through the snowy land, she tried to figure out what this feeling in her heart was, and why she felt it. But then, she saw something that caught her eye.

A lamppost.

It was unlike any lamppost she'd ever seen back in England. The light inside shone brightly, brighter than she'd ever seen a lamppost light shine. She didn't completely understand why an ordinary lamppost was out here in the middle of a snowy wood. Then again, this was no ordinary lamppost.

This lamppost was...magical. She didn't know any other way to describe it. It might sound silly to call something as simple as a lamppost magical, but she felt magic in her bones when she looked at it. And when she gently placed her fingers on it, Lucy knew this was a special lamppost. And she knew, this world that she was in, was anything but ordinary.

This lamppost, and this world, were magical.

And one by one, each of the Pevensie children saw this same, special lamppost, in this same magical world. They all felt this same magical feeling.

Edmund was the first to find it after Lucy. He was in complete shock and awe, when he discovered that there really was a world within a silly old wardrobe. But when he saw the lamppost, he stopped in his tracks to look at it.

He didn't understand why an English lamppost would be in a place like this. But, he had to admit that it truly was beautiful.

This lamppost didn't look like any lamppost he'd seen before. It was bigger, and brighter. Even though this was the last place he'd expected to find a lamppost, he knew it was supposed to be there. This was right where it belonged.

And as Edmund looked at this lamppost, he felt something that he wasn't completely sure how to describe. Something in his heart was trying to seep through, something that he'd buried long ago. He felt love in his heart, for the first time in a long time. And he felt like he belonged.

As he looked up at this stunning lamppost, Edmund Pevensie felt something he hadn't truly felt since he was a child.

Magic.

Peter and Susan saw it next, when they finally discovered Narnia was real, and that Lucy had been telling the truth.

When the four children walked past the lamppost, Lucy gave Peter and Susan a smile, knowing they hadn't felt the magic she felt yet. Now they would.

At first, they wondered why it was here, but after looking at it for a moment, that didn't really seem to matter.

Peter immediately knew this lamppost was supposed to be here, it didn't look out of place at all. And when he looked at it, he knew he was supposed to be here too. He knew this lamppost was special, and this place was special.

Susan wanted to be logical, and question what a lamppost was doing out here in a snowy wood. But, she just couldn't. She knew this lamppost belonged here, and she couldn't question it. And as she looked at the lamppost, she realized how beautiful it was. She felt calmer, and peaceful as she looked at it. She felt a little less scared of the adventure before her.

And what an adventure it was. Years and years of happiness, and joy, and love. While those same four children who looked at that lamppost, ruled as Kings and Queens in that world.

The world of Narnia.

That lamppost, led them to their true home.

Then one day, they decided to go hunt for a stag.

During their hunt, they found the lamppost once again. But after all this time, they'd forgotten exactly what it was.

So they climbed off their horses, and they looked at it.

Each of them recognized it, but none could quite put their finger on exactly what it was. But they all felt something special while looking at it, they knew it was no ordinary lamppost. They knew it was magical.

"Spare oom."

And finally, Lucy remembered.

The professors, the wardrobe, the lamppost.

When she remembered, she ran. Because she had to find out more. She was too curious and excited not to.

So her siblings followed her, because they did everything together. And they were always up for a new adventure.

They followed her through the trees, until the trees stopped being trees.

They were coats.

And the floor, no longer felt like a forest.

It was hard and wooden.

And finally, the Pevensies, were no longer adults.

They were children.

Once again, the lamppost led them home.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀
A/N: Okay so to those of you who read the one-shot I published yesterday, I published it as a joke. It was actually my friend Nina's MagicofNarnia that she wrote a few months ago. Let me clarify that she not only gave me permission to publish is BUT ASKED ME TO PUBLISH IT😂 We wanted to see if anyone would notice😂 As far as we know, nobody did. But if you caught on & just didn't say anything kudos to you!👏🏼😂 anyway this is my REAL lamppost prompt one shot, hope y'all enjoy aha!💖😂🥰