Incredibly Grateful

September Prompt - Birthday

~~~

Peter tiptoed down the hallway of Cair Paravel, his sisters following quietly behind him. Although Lucy was having trouble being quiet because she was extremely excited.

He stopped walking when he reached the door to Edmund's room.

"Do you think he's awake yet?" Lucy asked in a whisper.

"Probably not." Peter replied quietly. "He's not much of an early bird."

"But he was very excited for today." Susan said. "Perhaps he woke up early."

Peter nodded. "You're right, he might be awake, already."

"Well let's get in there and find out." Lucy said quickly.

Peter laughed before slowly and quietly pushing the door open. Lucy and Susan followed him inside, Susan slowly closing the door.

The children were relieved to see that Edmund was in fact still sleeping. After all they wanted to be the very first to tell him happy birthday, and do it the second he woke up.

They had decorated his room last night after he went to bed, and luckily Edmund was a very heavy sleeper. So they managed to do it without waking him up.

All of them smiled at each other when they saw he was still asleep, before each of them went to a different side of the bed. Peter on the right, Lucy on the left, and Susan at the foot.

Peter slowly held up his hand, and sisters nodded, knowing they would shout, "Happy Birthday" when Peter had three fingers up.

One, two, three, and then they all said it.

"Happy Birthday Edmund!" They all shouted.

Edmund gasped as he sat up, looking frantically around the room. But he sighed in relief when he saw it was just his siblings, and smiled after a moment. "Thank you." He said, rubbing at his eyes.

"So, how does it feel to be 13?" Susan asked, as she, Lucy, and Peter all sat on the bed next to him.

"I don't really feel any different." Edmund said, laughing slightly.

"You're a teenager now, Ed." Peter told him. "You're finally 13."

Edmund coughed slightly before answering. "Finally." He breathed, causing his siblings to laugh.

"We brought you presents!" Lucy said.

Edmund smiled widely at this, surveying the boxes each of his siblings held. "I'll open Peter's first, it's the biggest."

Susan and Lucy laughed, and Peter smirked at his brother.

Edmund took the box from Peter's hands but when he did Peter frowned.

"You're a little warm, Ed do you feel alright?" Peter asked.

"I'm fine." Edmund said, just as he sneezed, causing Peter to raise an eyebrow at him.

"It's only allergies." Edmund told him, before unwrapping his present.

But just as Edmund was about to open the box and see what was inside, his eyes went wide, a hand flying over his mouth as he ran into the bathroom.

His siblings watched with wide eyes, sighing sadly when they heard the sound of throwing up in the bathroom.

"I knew it wasn't just allergies." Peter said, walking over to the bathroom door. He waited until he heard the toiled flush, and then the water running before knocking. "Ed, you alright?" He asked.