I'll be

(Peter & Edmund - conversation.
Set during The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe.
The Pevensies  just had  breakfast together after Edmund was rescued from Jadis' camp)

"Hey Ed." Peter said as he entered his and Edmunds tent, sitting next to his brother.
"Hey." Edmund replied.
"What you said out there" Peter started.
"That was really brave....now I know you have really changed Edmund. I am so proud of you." Peter said as he hugged Edmund.
"Thanks Pete." Edmund said with a smile as he hugged him back.

"I'm so happy your alright!" Peter said as they finally pulled away.
Edmund looked at the ground and nodded.
"You are alright? Aren't you?"
Edmund just shrugged.
"Ed." Peter said unimpressed.
Edmund sighed. "I'm alive." He choked out.

Peters heart broke. "Oh Ed." He said as he hugged his brother tightly.
Edmund buried his face into Peters chest, and let the tears fall.
"It was awful Peter." Edmund said between sobs.

"It was so awful. I never should have gone to her. I should have stayed with you. I'm sorry I left. I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry I b-betrayed you."

Peter held back the tears as he listened and tightened his grip on Edmund.
"It's alright, Ed." He said.
"We forgive you, and we all love you."

Edmund slowly looked up at Peter as he wiped the tears away.

"Really?" Edmund asked as he sniffed.
"Of course Edmund. Your our brother and we will love you no matter what."
Edmund smiled slightly.
"I love you too Peter. I love you so much!" He said as he wrapped his arms around his brother.

                                  ♕♕♕

"Edmund." Peter said as he sat next to his brother, who had just finished getting his armor on for the battle the two were about to fight in.
"Yeah?" Edmund said as he looked up at his brother.
"You scared?"
Edmund shrugged, "A little." He said.

"But I'm not too worried because your leading us and I know you will do great. I believe in you Peter."
Peter smiled. "Thank you Edmund. I'm really nervous and that makes me feel a lot better." Edmund smiled back at him.

"I know you can do this too Ed. Your so strong, and so brave."
Edmund looked down at the ground.
"Not really." He said.
Peter sighed.

"Edmund look. You have been through so much since you have entered Narnia.
I know it wasn't easy, but you survived.
I know it's been the hardest thing you have ever gone through, but I know your going to be okay Ed. I know you will, because you are the strongest person I know"

"I'm not strong." Edmund mumbled.
Peter sighed and Edmund looked up at him.

"I didn't feel strong whenever Jadis locked me in her dungeons. Or whenever she whipped me for information about where you and the girls were going. Or when she slapped me after I tried to save the fox. When she made me pull her sleigh until I was so weak I couldn't even stand. I didn't feel strong when she tied me to a tree and gagged me so I could barely breathe. And I sure didn't feel strong when her dwarf held a knife to my neck and nearly killed me!"

Edmund had tears streaming down his face now, and Peter quickly wrapped his arms around him.

"Edmund, I know you have been through some absolutely terrible events.
First, Dad went away to war, then you were captured by Jadis. And after you finally come back she comes over here and threatens your life!"

Edmund sniffled as he looked up at Peter.
"It hasn't been easy." He said as he wiped the tears from his cheeks.

"I know it hasn't Ed, and I know that nothing I can say will make it better.
But What I can say is this"

Peter looked into Edmunds curious, yet scared, tear filled eyes, and Edmund looked back into Peters strong, shining blue eyes.

"I'll be there for you."

Edmund smiled slightly and Peter smiled back.

"I know it's going to be hard for you to get through  this. You've been through something extremely traumatic and I am so sorry Ed.  I know in the past I haven't been the best big brother but I promise that's going to change. I'm going to be there for you Ed. You don't have to act like your okay all the time, because nobody is okay all the time. When you need anything I'm going to be there for you. If you need a shoulder to cry on, that's what I'll be. If you ever need  to talk about your experiences with Jadis, I'll be here to listen. If you have a nightmare and you need me to comfort you at 3:00 in the morning, I'll be there. I'll be whatever you need."

A single tear made its way down Edmunds cheek as he smiled at Peter.
Then he gave his brother a big, tight squeeze, as if he would never let go.

This is exactly what Edmund needed to hear, though he never knew it until now. He needed someone to be there for him no matter what. He had been afraid to show his true emotions in the past, but he was braver now.
He knew that Peter meant every word he just said, and he was so glad. He knew he was going to need his big brother. There relationship would be so much better from here on out. He knew it would, he just knew it. He could feel it in his bones. He also knew Peter would be there for him, and that meant everything.

After a good two minutes, Edmund finally pulled away.

"Thank you Peter." He said.
"I really needed to hear that."
"Your welcome Ed." Peter said as he kissed the top of Edmunds head.
Edmund smiled.

"Peter." Edmund said
"Yeah?"
"I just want you to know that I'll be there for you too."
"Ed I kno-"
"No listen.
Peter sighed.

"Look Peter. We are about to go into battle, a battle that your leading.
Now I believe that you cab do it, but I have a feeling that you are scared to death. I'll be here to reassure you, and let you know that I believe in you. I always have, and I always will. I'll be here to tell you that it's okay not to be strong all the time. Asking for help is a part of life, and nobody will think any less of you for needing help.  I'll help you with anything you need while your High King, because I know that will be absolutely exhausting.
I'll be right by your side in every battle.
I'll fight to the death for you. I love you and I would give my life for you. I'll be  whatever you need."

Peter had tears streaming down his face as he tightly squeezed his little brother.
Edmund gladly hugged him back, just as tight.

"I love you Edmund. I love you so much."
Peter said with a sniffle.
"I love you too Pete."

After about five minutes, the two finally pulled apart.

"Edmund, I appreciate you offering to die for me, but please, don't!"
"Peter I-"
"I can't lose you Ed. I can't and I won't. I would be absolutely lost without my little brother, you have to stay alive for me to stay sane. Don't pull anything on me Ed. Don't. Okay?"

Edmund took a deep breath
"Okay." He said with a slight smile.

"One more thing ." Peter started.

"Please. For the sake of Aslan, just remember, to do as your told!"
Edmund laughed as Peter smiled at him and rubbed his hair.

♕♕♕ ♕♕♕ ♕♕♕ ♕♕♕ ♕♕♕ ♕♕♕
I hope you all enjoyed this!!! This was requested by one of my best friends Narnia-Forever  ILYSM GIRL🥰🥰🥰 I hope you like this ♥️
The theme is also inspired by Scripturient1998 She left a comment on a Peter & Edmund edit (shown above) by @narniaheroes on instagram about the words "If you'll be." And I loved that idea so much I decided to use it for A Peter & Edmund fic☺️💚
Also follow them if your not!!!! Both of them are absolutely INCREDIBLE writers & their books have inspired me So much ♥️♥️♥️