Peter Would Want You to Have it

"...And then Eustace hung up the painting, before we all left the room. I shut the door just as the paining completely stopped moving, and The Dawn Treader sailed away."
Lucy said, tears in her eyes as she recalled the moment she returned from Narnia for the last time.

The four Pevensies were all sitting in the girls' room. Lucy and Edmund sat on Lucy's bed, and Peter and Susan sat just across from them on Susan's bed. It was the first time they had all been together in so long. The entire family had come home for the Christmas holidays. Edmund and Lucy decided it was the perfect time to tell Peter and Susan about their trip to Narnia.

Of course, they had written letters to each other about what happened, but that just wasn't the same. Especially when you were telling about going to another world. Lucy insisted that they all sit down together and talk about it properly. She made sure not to leave out a single detail when telling the story. Peter and Susan appreciated this, since they weren't there with them. But Edmund wasn't too fond of it, seeming as Lucy sometimes told them things he would rather keep between Lucy and himself.

"Well, it sounds like you two had a wonderful time." Peter breathed with a smile, once his younger siblings had finished telling about their final adventures in Narnia.

"Oh, we most certainly did!" Lucy said happily, a huge smile on her face. The tears that had threatened to fall a moment ago were now forgotten.

"We wish you could have been with us though." Edmund said, looking at Peter and Susan."We really missed you."

"We missed you guys too." Susan said gently.

"I'm so happy we're all together now though." Lucy said. "This will be the best Christmas ever!" A smile graced her lips, as her siblings chuckled slightly.

"Yeah." Peter breathed, smiling at his youngest sister. "It will be."

There was silent for a moments before Peter took a deep breath. "Edmund-" But before he could finish, there was a knock at the door, and he was cut off by Lucy's shout of "Come in."

The door opened slightly to reveal Helen Pevensie, wearing an apron and smiling at her children. "I've just finished a batch of Christmas cookies if-"

But before anyone could do or say anything, Edmund was out the door, down the stairs, and in the kitchen scarfing down as many cookies as he could.

♕ ♕ ♕

A couple hours later, Edmund sat on his bed, leaning against the headboard as he read a book.

He looked up when he heard the door open.

"Hey," Peter breathed as he walked inside the room he shared with his brother.

"Hi." Edmund said, before turning back to his book.

Peter sighed heavily before sitting on his own bed, across from Edmund's.

"Something on my face?" Edmund asked after a few minutes, his eyes never leaving his book.

Peter looked beyond confused when this brother said this. "No..." He said slowly. "Why?"

"Because you've been staring at it for the last five minutes."

Peter let out a small chuckle, looking at the ground for a moment. "No, your face is fine." He said, smiling as he looked up at Edmund. "It's just- I wanted to-" Peter sighed.