I Forgive You For Everything

(Part 2 of the 3 part mini series
Forgiving Edmund)

"Edmund!!!" Lucy shouted, hoping her brother would turn back from the castle of the White Witch. But it was no use, he was incredibly far away and couldn't hear her. She also earned a sharp tongue from Mr. Beaver, who wanted anything but to get caught by the Witch herself.

When Mr. Beaver said she wanted all four of them to dead, Lucy's heart shattered. She looked to the castle, hearing the doors slam as he brother entered. A terrified expression etched its way onto her face. She did not want her brother to die.

But Lucy was interrupted from her thoughts by none other than Peter and Susan. The two were fighting, and placing blame on each other for the disappearance of their brother. Lucy had heard enough and quickly broke it up.

"This isn't going to help Edmund." She said.
That was all she wanted. To help Edmund, because right now, he really needed it. She knew Edmund really needed the help of his siblings at this point, even if he didn't know it yet.

So Lucy walked the long journey to see Aslan. As Mr. Beaver said, he was the only one who could help Edmund. So no matter how tired Lucy felt, or how much her legs ached from all the walking, she kept going. Every step she took was for Edmund. She would see him again, and he would be in one piece, and alive.

As Lucy walked, her mind was swimming with so many thoughts. She went back to when Mr. Beaver said that few people enter the gates of the Witch and come out again. And her heart sunk, knowing that not only her own brother was there, but her dear friend Mr. Tumnus as well. She prayed they would both make it out alive.

Lucy didn't worry about why Edmund had "betrayed" them, as everyone said. She was more concerned about seeing him again. She really missed him. She figured he would have a good reason for what he had done. She knew he would be punished enough by the Witch. She had learned all about how cruel Jadis was from Mr. Tumnus and the beavers. Tears filled Lucy's eyes as she thought of the horrible things he brother could face. She prayed he would be okay. If Edmund returned to them alive, Lucy would be happy.

♕ ♕ ♕

When Lucy came out of her tent and saw her brother standing, talking to Aslan, and alive, her heart leaped for joy. She smiled widely and shouted his name.

She quickly started running towards him, but Peter suddenly stopped her. In the moment she was confused but later realized why he had done it.

She needed to let Edmund finish talking with Aslan, alone. She realized their conversation must have been extremely important. Edmund told her later that it was one he would never forget. Lucy said she felt the same way the moment she laid eyes on Aslan.

Not soon after Lucy had called Edmunds name, he made his way over to his siblings.

He looked up at them, guilt and shame all over his face. After a moment of awkward silence Edmund finally spoke to his siblings, (for the first time in days).

"Hello." He said.

Lucy immediately ran forward and wrapped her arms tightly around him.
Edmund smiled and hugged his little sister back.

Lucy was so happy to have her big brother back. She had missed him so dearly. She was so happy that he was okay. She hugged him tightly, never wanting to let go.
In this moment she didn't think about the mistakes he made. She didn't think about the names he had called her, or how badly he had treated her recently. Or how he lied to Peter and Susan about finding Narnia and made her cry. None of this even crossed her mind. She was prepared to forgive him for everything. All she thought about, was that she had her big brother Edmund back.