Random Prompts Game - Part 7

Random Prompt Game with Nina! But this time we used Character AND story prompts! Which was fun because I love a variety hope y'all enjoy!!!🥰 ☀️💖🌻

~~~

Character(s) Prompt: Peter & Edmund. Story prompt: Piano

"Have you seen this?"

Edmund looked up from the book he was reading, and over at his brother. "What?"

"This piano." Peter said, from the corner of the room.

Edmund looked over at the piano Peter stood next to. "Yeah." He said, placing his book on the couch and walking over to the corner of the room.

"It's beautiful." Peter said. "The intricate engravings, and it's so big and shiny."

Edmund nodded. "It reminds me of ours back home."

"Ours wasn't this nice." Peter said with a laugh. "Although it was about the same color. I don't think it was real gold though."

Edmund chuckled. "I highly doubt it."

Both boys stared at the piano in silence for a while before Edmund took a deep breath. "Do you remember when dad used to play the piano for us nearly every night?"

Peter smiled. "Yeah. We'd all stand around and request songs. We danced late into the night. That was always so much fun."

Edmund nodded, thinking. "He did it one final time for us before he left. You remember that?"

"How could I forget?" Peter said. "It was one of our last moments as a family."

"He played "We Will Meet Again"" Edmund said, smiling solemnly as he remembered. "And once he finished, he promised us that we would meet again."

"We will." Peter said firmly, when he noticed the sad look in his brother's eyes. "We will see him again, and all be together. Dancing around the piano just like we used to. I promise."

Edmund smiled up at Peter. "I hope you're right."

Character prompt: Lucy
Story prompt: Hunger

"Edmund?"

Edmund looked up at his sister from across the table. "Yeah?"

"Remember when you were rescued from The Witch? When we ate breakfast that morning?"

Edmund nodded slowly.

"You ate a lot. Even more than you normally do. She didn't feed you did she?"

Edmund sighed and put down his fork. "No. I mean, she gave me dried out bread. But I couldn't eat it. Actually I...I gave it to Mr. Tumnus."

Lucy smiled a little. "That was kind of you."

"I wasn't doing it out of kindness at the time though." Edmund said, looking down.

"Doesn't matter." Lucy said. "You still gave it to him. He was probably starving, so you helped him."

"I'm certain he was. I definitely was by the time I left."

Lucy gave him a sympathetic look. "I'm so sorry you went through all that, Edmund. I really am. I was so worried about you the entire time."

"I was worried about you too." Edmund told her. "I had no idea if you were even alive."

"Neither did we." Lucy said, before taking a deep breath. "You know if you ever want to talk about anything I'm always here to listen."