I Wouldn't Want it Any Other Way

This is dedicated to me best friend, Nina, for her 16th birthday!!! Happy birthday babe!!!! Love you to the moon & to Saturn! Hope you like this!!!❤️❤️🎉🎉🥳🥳

MagicofNarnia
~~~

"Come in!" Peter called from his balcony, hearing a knock at his door.

"Happy birthday!" Edmund said, joining his brother outside.

Peter turned to face him, smiling. "Thanks, Edmund."

"What are you doing out here?" Edmund asked, leaning his arms against the railing.

Peter let out a sigh. "Just enjoying the cool, crisp, morning air, and some tea." He took a sip from his mug.

Edmund nodded, looking out at the woods for a moment, before turning to his brother. "I got you a present." He held out a small box towards Peter.

Peter smiled at him. "You didn't have to do that."

"Of course I did. It's your birthday, Peter!"

Peter chuckled, taking the box from him. Opening it, he found a necklace inside. On the chain, were two small replicas of his sword and his shield. "Edmund, this is beautiful."

Edmund smiled at him. "Thanks. I made it myself."

Peter's eyes widened and he looked up at his brother. "You made this?!"

"Yeah." Edmund breathed. "It took forever! But I finished it eventually. I wanted to make sure and get all the details and everything right."

"Wow." Peter said, looking down at the necklace and then back up at his brother. "This means so much to me, Ed. The fact that you made it yourself only makes it even more special. I'll treasure it forever." He smiled, before wrapping Edmund tightly in a hug.

Edmund rolled his eyes, but wrapped his arms around Peter anyway. He was also smiling slightly, but would never admit it. Today was Peter's birthday after all, he'd let him have a hug just this once.

"Thank you so much, Ed." Peter said.

Edmund smiled slightly. "You're welcome, Pete."

Peter smiled, before the two pulled apart. He then put the necklace on, looking down and admiring it, with a huge smile on his face.

"I'm so happy you like it." Edmund said.

"I love it." Peter said, looking up at his brother, a huge smile on his face. "It's amazing, and you did a such a wonderful job. They look exactly like my sword and shield."

"Thanks." Edmund said. "I worked really hard."

"Well, it payed off."

Edmund smiled at his brother.

Peter looked at Edmund for a moment before speaking. "You want to go for a walk?" He asked. "Just the two of us. In the woods maybe?"

Edmund furrowed his eyebrows. "Wouldn't you rather stay here and celebrate?"

Peter shook his head. "Susan and Lucy are throwing a party tonight, and they'll be plenty of time to celebrate then. Right now, I want to relax. And spend some quality time with my brother."

Edmund smiled at him. "I'd love to."

"Great!" Peter said. "Let's go."

~~~

About half an hour later, the boys were walking through the woods.

"So." Edmund said, after a while of comfortable silence. "Are you excited for your party tonight?"