I promise

(Peter and Edmund after The Battle of Beruna, when they arrive back at Aslans camp)

Susan looked sadly at her siblings once they arrived back at Aslans camp.

Peter had an arm around Edmunds shoulders and the other wrapped around his waist, he also hadn't taken his eyes off of him since they found him. Lucy looked over at Edmund a lot, and so did Susan.
Edmund just looked dazed and stared into space the whole time.

"We made it Ed." Susan said as they arrived outside their tents and stopped.
Edmund only nodded.

"Are you alright Edmund?" Lucy asked.
"I'm fine." Edmund said, getting out of Peters grip and slowly walking into his and Peters tent.
"I'll take care of him." Peter said as he made his way to their tent.
"We will come check on you two in a little while." Susan called after him and Peter nodded.

As Peter entered the tent he saw Edmund sitting in his hammock, taking a deep breath, eyes closed.

"You alright?" Peter asked.
"Been better." Edmund said.
Peter nodded.
"Lets get you out of your armor so you will be more comfortable." He said.
Edmund nodded as he stood up.

Once the two had gotten into more comfortable clothes Edmund sat in his hammock, looking much more relaxed.
Peter pulled up a chair and sat next to Edmunds hammock.

"What happened Ed?" Peter asked after a few moments of silence.
"Didn't you watch it happen?" Edmund asked.
"Well yes, but I told you to leave so you wouldn't get hurt, why didn't you?"
"I did." Edmund said. "But I came back..."
"Why?" Peter asked giving Edmund a questioning look.

Edmund sighed.
"When you told me to leave, Mr. Beaver dragged me off the battlefield. When we were a little ways off I turned around and saw Jadis turning Narnians to stone left and right. I just thought....this can't happen, she can't win! I know what she is capable of, and there is no way I'm letting the Narnians suffer like I did. So, I drew my sword and ran back into the battle. I went back and I fought, winning as a matter of fact. After I fought a little I saw The Witch. She was headed towards you with her wand. Your back was tuned, so I ran to fight her."

Peters eyes went wide. "She was headed for me?!"
Edmund nodded.

"She dodged my sword the first time. But the second time I decided to go for her wand rather than her directly. After all the wand was turning everyone to stone, and without it she would be much less powerful. So I broke her wand, and she did not like that. So, she stabbed me.
Everything after that is kind of fuzzy."

Peter stared at Edmund in absolute shock. "So, you fought Jadis to save me?"
He asked.
"Yeah." Edmund breathed.
Peters eyes filled with tears.
"Why would you do that?!"
"Because I love you Peter!" Edmund said with wide eyes.
"Your my brother and I would do anything for you."
"You risked your life to save mine, without hesitating in the slightest?"
"Of course Peter! I would die for you no question! As well as Susan and Lucy. I love you all so much and I want you to be safe and happy. I would do anything for you, and I mean that."

A tear slipped down Peters cheek as he listened to his brother.
"I love you so much Ed!" He said as he hugged his brother tightly.
Edmund gladly returned the hug.
"I'm so proud of you Edmund. You have grown so much."
"Thanks Pete." Edmund choked, tears filling his eyes.