Always The Youngest

Set during PC

(I know some of the lyrics in the above song fit a couple better, but some of them do fit Edmund x Lucy. Mostly the chorus)

"Aslan?" Lucy asked. "Its Aslan! Its Aslan over there!" Everyone looked at Lucy in disbelief.

"Don't you see, he's right...there." Lucy stopped short when she looked to where Aslan had been only seconds before. Her face fell when she instead saw nothing.

"Do you see him now?" Trumpkin asked, obviously not believing her.

"I'm not crazy." Lucy said, looking at Peter. "He was there. He wanted us to follow him."

"I'm sure there are any number of lions in this wood. Just like that bear." Peter said.

"I think I know Aslan when I see him." Lucy argued.

"Look." Said Trumpkin. "I'm not about to jump off a cliff after someone who doesn't exist."

Edmund was listening intently, and finally decided to speak up.

"Last time I didn't believe Lucy, I ended up looking pretty stupid." He said.

Everyone then stared at him. They all knew at once exactly what he was talking about.

Lucy looked Edmund in the eyes, as if she was saying thank you, with merely her eyes.

Lucy said there was a magical forest inside of a wardrobe, but nobody believed her. In the end Lucy was right, and they all ended up looking, as Edmund put it 'pretty stupid.'"

Peter seemed to think for just a moment, looking to the spot where Lucy said she saw Aslan.

"Why wouldn't I have seen him?" He asked.

"Maybe you weren't looking." Lucy said.
"I'm sorry Lu." Peter replied, before he, Susan, and Trumpkin began walking in the opposite direction.

Lucy sadly looked back at the spot where she saw Aslan. She had tears in her eyes but never allowed them to fall.

She turned around and looked sadly Edmund, who hadn't walked away with the others. He sadly looked at her and nodded. Motioning for her to come on, so they could go along with the others.

Even though they both knew it was the incorrect way, Lucy began walking, Edmund following.

                                ♕  ♕  ♕

That night Lucy stared into the fire, recalling the events from the day.

She wondered exactly why Susan, Peter, and Trumpkin hadn't believed her, even after they made it past the gorge. Why they were doubting Aslan, and why he left so quickly.

Edmund saw her and sighed sadly at the hurt written all over her face.

Suddenly he stood up.
"I'm going to take a walk." He said.
"Lu, you want to join me?"

Lucy quickly looked up at him and Edmund smiled slightly.

"Yeah." She said quietly."

"We will be back soon." Edmund said as Lucy walked over to him.

"Be safe guys." Peter said.

"We will." Edmund said as he and Lucy walked off.

The two walked in silence for a few minutes before Lucy spoke up.