Just

Edmund sighed as he looked over the balcony at the setting sun. He had just been crowned King Edmund the Just, and he wasn't sure how to feel.

He was happy, no doubt about it. He recalled the moment he walked down the aisle. Everyone in the room stood still, holding their swords in front of their chests. (As a symbol respect of course.)

Stopping at the very front of the room, Edmund immediately looked at his throne. His throne. A throne that was made specifically for him. With a carving of him smashing Jadis' wand on it.

This made him so happy. He remembered how he just couldn't stop himself from smiling. He remembered his thoughts during that moment. After all he had done, he was crowned one of four Kings and Queens, in the moment he couldn't have felt more thrilled or excited.

But now he just kept thinking back to that word, the title Aslan had given him. 'King Edmund the Just'. Just, he thought. Did he really deserve to he called just after all he had done.

He was interrupted from his thoughts though, when his brother walked up.

"Hey, Ed." He said standing next to his brother. He saw him standing by the balcony, with his head down. So he decided to check on him.

"Hey." Edmund breathed.
"You alright?"
"Yeah." Edmund breathed.
"Penny for your thoughts?" Peter asked.

Edmund sighed. He looked out at the ocean for a long time before finally speaking.

"Behaving according to what is morally right and fair." Edmund eventually said, not looking at his brother.
"What?" Peter questioned, looking genuinely confused.
"That's what just means." Edmund said, finally looking up at Peter.
"Behaving according to what is morally right and fair."
"Oh." Peter said, nodding slightly.
"And in all honesty, I don't think I deserve to be called just." He looked away from Peter as he said this.

"Oh Ed." Peter said sadly. "Yes you do. Why on earth wouldn't you deserve it?"
"Because of all I have done!" Edmund exclaimed, raising his voice.
"I betrayed my family, the Narnians, and Aslan. I ran away, I lied, I helped Jadis!
I don't deserve to be called just, and I definitely don't deserve to be a King of Narnia!"

Peter sighed sadly as he looked at his brother. His heart absolutely breaking, he hated that Edmund thought so low of himself.

"Edmund." Peter started. "You do deserve this. Yeah, you made a mistake, but doesn't everybody. And your forgiven of your mistakes. I've forgiven you, Lucy and Susans have, and even Aslan has. You deserve the forgiveness. You have changed for the better. You saved my life and the lives of hundreds of Narnians. If it weren't for you speaking up, I would have sent you and the girls back to England. Without you, I never would've had the courage to lead a battle against The White Witch. Then she would be alive, and Narnia wouldn't be free."

Edmund swallowed hard and slowly looked up at his brother. Peter held out his arms and Edmund gladly hugged him.
He wrapped his arms around Peters waist, resting his head against his chest.
Peter wrapped his arms around Edmunds shoulders and held him tightly.

"You see Edmund, you have done so much for Narnia. You have made a big difference in their lives, as well as mine and the girls. Many of the Narnians wouldn't be here if it wasn't for your great sacrifice. They need a king like you. A king who is loyal, brave and smart. A king who will risk his life for his country and the ones he loves. A king that is just."

Edmund sighed warmly, squeezing Peter tighter and hugging him properly.

"Thank you Peter." He choked.
"Your welcome Edmund." Peter said as he squeezed his brother tightly.

A few moments later the two pulled apart.

"You don't have to doubt yourself so much Edmund." Peter said.

Edmund looked up at him and swallowed hard.

"Your loved and your forgiven. Your not a lost cause. You have a place here. You have a family and a country. You have a home. Your past is your past and you cannot change it. Although you didn't deserve all the torture and pain you have been through, you do deserve this kingdom you have been given. And what happens next is up to you Edmund. The future is yours to write. And I know your going to write an exceptional one."

"You think so?" Edmund asked.
"I know so, Ed."

Edmund smiled widely at Peter.
"Thanks Pete." He said.
"You always know exactly what to say. I needed to hear that."

"I know you did Ed. That's why I said it." He finished with a smirk.

Edmund chuckled slightly.

"And as for knowing what to say, it's my job as your big brother."
"Yeah well, your a magnificent big brother." Edmund said with a grin.
Peter laughed.
"And your a just, perfect one." He said with a smile.
Edmund smiled and let out a chuckle.

"I love you Peter." Edmund said with a smile.
"I love you too Ed."

"Now then." Peter breathed. "What do you say we get back to our party huh?"

"Hmmm." Edmund said. "I don't know. I mean it's so quiet and peaceful out here."

"Peter! Edmund!" Lucy said running towards her brothers.

She took a deep breath when she stopped in front of them before continuing.

"They're having a dance contest, come on!" Lucy exclaimed excitedly.

Peters eyes went wide as she said this.
"On second thought it is pretty nice out here." He said quickly, causing Edmund to laugh.

"Nooo!" Lucy said. "Your not ditching our coronation party. You two are going to come inside, and your going to dance with me and Susan."

"I don't know Lucy.." Edmund said. "I can't really dance."
"Sure you can." Lucy said with a smile. "And even if you can't it's alright, because your a king now and they cheer for you either way."

Both Peter and Edmund chuckled when she said this.

"Come on then." Lucy said as she grabbed her brothers hands and forced them inside and onto the dance floor.

Though Peter and Edmund would never admit it, they had a wonderful time dancing. The four Pevensies spent the entire night dancing, smiling, laughing, and having the best time ever. Even though they couldn't actually dance very well.

A/N:
Hey guys!!! As I posted on my page I am SO SORRY for all my inactivity on here! I've been super busy the past few months and could never find any time to write :( but now i have time so yay!! And i have written SO MUCH the past couple of days! Working on a new project that I am excited to share with you all soon! It's in the early stages so it will be a while before its up, but i will let y'all know what it is really soon! And I'm also focusing on that rn and trying to make it the best I can so you as readers will enjoy it! I have another one-shot request i will start working on and it will hopefully be up soon! Love y'all!
Xoxoxo Abby💗