All I Care About

(Set during LWW - when Edmund arrives at Aslans camp and is reunited with his siblings.)

"Get some sleep." Peter said as Susan and Edmund pulled apart from the hug.

Edmund looked up at Peter before making his way towards the tent Peter had just nodded at.

"And Edmund." Peter said suddenly.

Edmund quickly turned around and looked at Peter, hope in his eyes.

"Try not to wander off." He said with a smile.

Edmund smiled back at his brother before making his way into the tent.

"Will he be alright?" Lucy asked as Edmund entered the tent, and was out of hearing distance.

"Well." Susan started.
"Obviously he has been injured, seeing as his lip is cut and his face is bruised, so he will probably be sore for a while.
But I'm sure he will be feeling better soon enough." She added with a small smile.

"He looks really tired." Peter said, as he stared at the tent his brother had just entered.

"I know." Susan said sadly with a sigh.

"I think I'm going to go talk to him." Peter said as he bit his lip.

"You want us to come with you?"
Susan asked.

"No." Peter breathed. "I think it may be better this way."

"Alright. Well, let us know if you need us."

"I will." Peter said as he walked towards the tent. He stopped at the entrance, took a deep breath, and walked inside.

Edmund was laying in his hammock, eyes wide open, and staring at the ceiling, he was also taking deep breaths.

"Edmund?" Peter said as he slowly walked over and stood beside the hammock.

Edmund looked up at Peter, eyes going wide as he quickly sat up.
"Peter!" He said, and began wiping his eyes.

"Are you alright?" Peter asked.
"I'm fine." Edmund said quickly.
"Ed please." Peter said.
"What's wrong?"

Edmund sighed as he looked up at his brother.

"Well, for one I'm in pain, but I can manage."

Peter sighed as he sat beside his brother.
"Sorry." He mumbled.
"Is there anything I can do to help?"
"No." Edmund said. "No there's not."

Peter sighed sadly. "Okay, well what about the second thing?"
"What?" Edmund asked.
"You said 'for one.' Is there a for two?"

Edmund looked down at the ground as tears filled his eyes.

"Ed?" Peter asked.
Edmund sighed.
"Well." Edmund said after at least two minutes of complete silence.
"It's just that- I just wanted to say-" Edmund sighed.
"It's alright Ed, you can say it.
Peter said reassuringly.

Edmund bit his lip as he looked up at his brother with tears in his eyes.

"I'm sorry Peter. I'm really, really, really sorry. I never should have gone to the Witch. I regret my decision every single day. I love you. And I'm so sorry I betrayed you all."

Edmund took a deep breath as a tear rolled down his cheek, which he quickly wiped away.

They sat in silence for a moment, Peter trying to find the right words to say.

"It's alright Edmund."
Edmund looked up at him with wide eyes.
"Really?" He asked.
"It's alright. And I can tell your really sorry. I love you too Ed." He said with a small smile.

"You do?" Edmund asked
"Of course!" Peter said sounding shocked.

"Edmund I know we fight sometimes, but your still my brother. I care about you. I care about your safety, your well being, and your life. When you were with the Witch I was so worried. I had no idea where you were from one minute to the next. I didn't even know if you were alive. At night, I just prayed that you were alive.
And that you would make it to the morning. When I saw you talking to Aslan, I was filled with relief. I saw with my own eyes that you were alive, instead of just hoping you were. Sure your bruised, and injured, and totally exhausted. But your alive Edmund. That's all I care about. Because if you weren't, I don't know what I would do. I love you Edmund. I love you so much."

"I love you too Peter." Edmund said as he smiled at his brother.
"You really mean all that?" He asked.
"Every single word." Peter said.
"Thank you so much." Edmund said with a big smile.
"Your welcome Ed." Peter said as he kissed the top of his head and put his arm around Edmunds shoulders. (Very carefully, since he was unsure whether he was injured there or not.)

After a few moments of silence Peter looked down to his brother, only to see his eyes drooping.

"Why don't you get some sleep Ed."
Peter said as he moved his arm and helped his brother to lie down.

Edmund nodded as he laid his head on the pillow and Peter pulled the blanket up over him.

"Peter." Edmund said.
"Yeah?"
"I missed you."
Peter smiled at his little brother.
"I missed you too. I'm really glad your back."
"Me too." Edmund said as he closed his eyes and fell asleep instantly.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️
Requested by my best girl MagicofNarnia  Love ya Nina!!! Hope you like this🥰💘