You Lowered Your Sword

(Conversation set in PC between Peter and Edmund after Edmund smashes the Wall of ice Jadis is in kind of a part 2 to the last one shot)

"Ed?" Peter asked as he sat beside his brother, who sat on the hill outside Aslans how.
Edmund sighed.
"About what happened in there." Peter said.
"Peter what were you thinking?" Edmund said in a choked voice as he looked at his brother.
"I have no idea Ed." Peter said with a sigh.
Edmund sighed.

Peter took a deep breath. "I guess it was just...what she said to me."
Edmund looked at Peter.
"She said 'You know you can't do this alone'"
"It was like she said exactly the right thing. I've been trying to do everything all alone since we arrived in Narnia and I've had no success. So, I lowered my sword."

"Of course she said the right thing." Edmund exclaimed.
"That's exactly what she does Peter. She gives you false hope and meaningless words. She makes promises with no intention of keeping them. She says whatever she can to make you like her, so you will do whatever she wants. Then she stabs you in the back with your own sword. Or in the stomach I should say. Literally."

Edmund let out a shaky breath.
Peter sighed as tears filled his eyes.
"Edmund I'm so so sorry I hesitated. I will never ever forgive myself for doing that."

Edmund looked at Peter with tears in his eyes.
"Peter, that woman tortured me and made my life miserable. She gave me scars that will never heal, and bruises that will never fade. She stabbed me Peter. You watched her almost kill me! Yet, you lowered your sword."

Peter sighed as he wiped the tears away that were currently falling.

"And Peter." Edmund started.
"I told you more than anyone about what she did to me. I told you about when she whipped me for information, and when she locked me in her dungeons and I thought I would freeze to death. I told you about how two Narnians were turned to stone because of me, and how she slapped me across the face so hard it bruised. I told you about the longest nights of my life, when she gagged me and tied me to a tree, and I thought they would kill me any minute. I have told you almost everything that happened with Jadis. You have held me at night after nightmares about her countless times. You have helped me so much through this Peter. But you still, almost brought her back to life."

Edmund was crying by now and so was Peter. Edmund took a deep breath and looked at the ground. Peter looked at his brother, not knowing what to say. What could he say? Edmund was right. He always told Edmund how much he hated Jadis. He had helped him so much in trying to defeat her. He even fought her at the Battle of Beruna. How could he have done this?

"Edmund there is absolutely no excuse for what I did. All I can do is apologize. I'm sorry Edmund. I'm so sorry for what just happened. I'm sorry for hesitating and lowering my sword. I'm sorry for betraying your trust and letting you down.
I'm sorry for everything Edmund. I really am. I hope that in time, you can forgive me."

Edmund only sniffled as he wiped away his tears.
Peter sighed.

"I also wanted to say thank you." Peter said.
Edmund looked up at his brother.
"For what?"
"For what you did today. You saved me Edmund. If it hadn't of been for you, Jadis might be alive right now. Then we would have a whole new problem on our hands."

Edmund nodded.

Peter sighed
"I also wanted to thank you for everything you have done to help me recently." Peter said.
"What do you mean?" Edmund asked.
Peter took a deep breath.

"For a while now you have been helping me, even when I didn't think I needed it. At the train station back in England you helped fight those guys. You saved me during the castle raid, and you saved me today. You have saved me a lot recently, and I never really thanked you for it. But I am grateful to you, and I appreciate all the help you've given me. You have been so brave Edmund. You have come so far, I am so  proud of you Ed."

Edmund smiled at his brother, tears once again in his eyes.
"No problem Pete." Edmund said with a small smile.
"I have to help you anyway because I don't want to lose you. I-I can't lose you."

Peter looked at Edmund sadly, then quickly pulled him into a hug.
Edmund was a bit surprised at first but then hugged him back.

"Your not going to lose me Edmund. Don't worry. I will always be here for you. No matter what. Your my brother and I love you. I love you so much Ed."

"I love you too Pete."

A/N: I know this is kind of similar to the last one shot, but when I wrote that one I just couldn't help but write one for Peter and Edmund. I also think they should have had more scenes in PC, so here I wrote one. Since Edmunds plot line is how Peter doesn't really appreciate him enough in the movie I thought there should be a scene where Peter tells Edmund how much he appreciates him🥰❤️

ALSO! To those of you who sent in requests!!! I appreciate the ideas and will be writing those next! But please be patient with me, I'm in a play right now and have many late practices a week! So I promise I will get to y'all's requests, but please try to bear with me. Xoxo😘
Abby💘