Random Prompts Game Part 5

Frost

Edmund was a happy child. He laughed a lot, and loved to play outside and climb trees. He cared about others, he always had. He was one of the kindest boys you would ever meet.

But, as he got older, things changed.

The first thing that happened was the war.

Edmund hated the idea of killing people for no reason, it made him so sad. He hated the war.

But he hated it even more when his dad had to fight.

He was so angry at his father for going to fight, and help kill people. Because that was wrong. But he said he had to do it, for England. But Edmund still hated it.

Then the war got so bad that Edmund had to leave home. He hated this, leaving his mum, going to a strange, new place. He was miserable.

He fought with his family more then ever, in the country. He lost the close relationship he had with them all, because with everything Edmund went through, he began to change.

But then he was captured, and tortured, locked in a prison made of ice. That truly was the worst of all.

And that's when he realized, that he betrayed his family, for someone who wanted to kill them.

And Edmund realized at that moment, that his once warm heart, had completely frosted over.

Darkness

Lucy had always been a light. It was only fitting, after all her name did mean light.

She had a contagious laugh, and her smile could light up any room she entered. She was positive and optimistic, even when nobody else was.

Lucy was a light in the darkness.

And it wasn't until Susan lost her light, that she felt completely in the dark.

Susan was never as happy as Lucy had been, nobody was really. But she loved how joyful her sister was, and full of light.

She never knew how much she would miss that when Lucy died.

If Lucy had been there she would have shown her the bright side. But even the word 'bright' was painful to Susan. How could anything be bright once you've lost your entire family?

Susan had been trapped in the darkness for a long time.

Since she left Narnia behind.
Since she stopped believing it ever happened.
Since she abandoned Aslan.
Since she tried to satisfy herself with worldly things.
And since her family was killed in a train crash.

She had been stuck in the darkness for years. And Lucy had tried to pull her out so many times, but she just wouldn't listen.

Lucy was dead now, so she couldn't be her light anymore. She couldn't pull her out of this darkness.

So now Susan was trapped in a constant darkness, forever, and she would never see the light again.

Guilt

"It's my fault really..."

Peter's job had always been to look after his siblings. Ever since Susan was born, he had always done his best to look after them. Even when he was young.

But now it was more than that, he made a promise to his mum to look after them. Protect them. Keep them safe.

It had only been a week, and he nearly lost them all. And Peter blamed himself for all of it.

If he hadn't been so hard on Edmund, maybe he never would have ran away. If he hadn't fought with him and provoked him, and treated him the way he did, maybe he never would have betrayed them.