Goodbye

Edmund's eyes went wide at the sight before him, but he knew what he needed to do, so he did it without hesitation.

They were fighting Miraz's army at his castle, and for the most part the battle was going downhill.

Edmund stood atop the castle, seeing a soldier aiming an arrow at none other than his brother. Peter didn't notice, and Edmund was not about to sit back and do nothing.

So he quickly jumped on the roof in front of him, slid down, and kicked the soldier to the ground. Edmund grunted as he kicked him, watching him fall to the ground.

He then quickly looked at his brother, making sure he was alright. Peter looked back at Edmund, instantly realizing he had just saved his life.

  But that realization was short lived when Peter looked to the right of Edmund.

His eyes went wide as he saw multiple soldiers, weapon ready, standing mere feet away from his brother.

"Ed!" Peter shouted quickly.

  Edmund immediately turned his head, just in time to see the soldiers point their weapons towards him.

He gasped as he quickly ran inside one of the castle doors a few feet away.

  The soldiers immediately began shooting the second he moved.

Edmund dove to the ground when he entered the door, slamming it shut quickly with his feet.

Edmund groaned in pain as he clutched his stomach, sighing as he looked at the arrow imbedded in his flesh.

  Ironically, it was in the same place he had been stabbed during the Battle of Beruna.

He closed his eyes tightly as he quickly pulled it out. He took a deep breath as he did, it took everything in him not to scream.

He quickly forced himself in a standing position. He couldn't stay here, not if he wanted a chance at surviving.

Once he was standing he forced himself up the stairs, even though it caused him complete agony.

   He looked down at his stomach and began to really worry.

  His hands were stained red with blood, as well as his shirt. He looked down at the floor to see he was leaving a trail of blood, and swallowed hard.

♕ ♕ ♕

Peter breathed heavily as he watched his brother kick the door closed. He swore he saw him get hit by an arrow, but he wasn't exactly sure. If he had been hit, his life was in danger, and that was no risk Peter was taking.

"Susan!" Peter shouted quickly as he ran to his sister.

"What?" She asked, right after imbedding an arrow in a soldier's chest.

"I think Edmund may have been hit."

"What?!" Susan exclaimed as her eyes went wide.

"I'm going to go find him and get him some help."

  "I'll come with you!" Susan said quickly.

"No." Peter said.

"But-"
"Susan." Peter said.