Lost Without You - Part 3

Peter's heart stopped beating a few moments later. His head shot down when he felt movement in his hand.

Peter's hand was resting on the bed, Edmund's hand lying in it limply.

    He stared down in disbelief when he swore one of Edmund fingers moved. Peter's eyes went wide as he gasped.

Peter wondered for a moment if he had only been imagining it. But his wonder was short lived when Edmund moved another finger. Followed by the rest.

Tears welled in Peter's eyes as his brother weakly squeezed his hand.

Peter smiled slightly, before he hesitantly looked up at his brother. He was so afraid he was only dreaming, that he would wake up and find Edmund back in his previous state, lying as still as a statue. Or he would be gone - or worse.

  "Edmund?" Peter asked slowly, and quietly. Aslan please don't let this be a dream.

Peter watched Edmund with bated  breath, not even daring to blink.

   About a minute later, Edmund's eyes slowly fluttered about halfway open.

   Edmund slowly looked around him, his vision slightly blurry as he tried to figure out where he was, and what had happened.

   Then he saw him. He was staring down at Edmund, tears in his eyes, on the verge of falling. His face was also red, and he had tear stains, as if he had already been crying.

"Pete?" Edmund choked slowly, his voice extremely raspy.

Peter smiled widely. He blinked as the tears finally began to fall. "Ed." He breathed, his voice was laced with pure relief and happiness. He then (very gently) wrapped his arms around Edmund, holding onto him as tightly as he dared. He never planned on letting him go again.

   Edmund weakly hugged him back, using as much strength as he could manage. He smiled slightly, feeling happier than ever, and safe, in the warmth of his brothers arms.

   It was at least five minutes, before Peter finally let Edmund go. He took a deep breath as he stared at him, almost expecting him to disappear right before his eyes.

  Edmund smiled up at him, taking a slow, and steady deep breath.

  Peter smiled back widely. He'd never felt so relieved in his entire life.

Thank you, Aslan.

You're welcome child.

  "You alright ?" Edmund asked.

  Peter chuckled slightly. Of course Edmund was worried about him, when he was the one who nearly died.

"Yes Ed, I'm fine." He said. "Not a scratch on me."

  Edmund smiled at him slightly, before glancing around the room. "The girls?" He asked quickly.

"They're fine. Don't worry. They're alright. They just went to-" Peter stopped suddenly, when the door opened and his sisters walked in.