Slubberdegullion🌙

Chapter 5: slubberdegullion
______________________________________

Slubberdegullion: (n.) a worthless person
______________________________________

🎶Hate myself - NF

Aspen's POV:

School was hell, as it always is, but it was bearable because I had two incredible friends in my corner: Landon and Jacqueline. Time seems decided to punish me by moving slowly, but it is finally afterschool, and a normal teenager would be spending time with friends, but for me, it means another trip to the pack kitchen, and speaking of that, I need to start running before I am late.

Finally arrived, but I'm panting heavily just like I was in the morning. The only difference is that I'm alone. The kitchen has a faint lingering smell of breakfast in the air, but that isn't what makes me hate afterschool; what makes me hate it is that Alpha Miller made a "rule" that makes me feel like he doesn't like me and wants me to do everything myself by requiring me to clean the entire kitchen from top to bottom every afternoon, and on top of that, the kitchen staff is forbidden from assisting me.

Oh, how I adore my existence.note the sarcasm

The kitchen door slams open in the middle of doing the dishes. I look in the direction of the door, which reveals a girl my age with shoulder length chestnut brown hair, emerald green eyes, and a height of no less than 5'4. She is dressed in white ripped jeans and a grey hoodie. She was really attractive and appeared to be a little frightened.

"Hey," I said as a greeting.

"Uhm, hi," she said uncomfortably.

"Alpha wants to see you right now in his office," she said.

"What is it that he wants to see me for?" I enquired.

"I'm not sure, but I came to tell you that, not to have a f****ing conversation with you." She stated, her voice tinged with anger.

So much for nervous expressions

Okay," I sighed as I tossed the dish towel on the counter.

Alpha's office:

knock knock knock

Alpha Miller responds to the knock by saying, "Come in."

I glance at the floor and say, "You called for me, Alpha."

Oh, and as part of the treatment, I'm not allowed to look any of the members in the eyes, especially those with higher positions, because I'm regarded the lowest of the lower ranks.

"Aspen, come take a seat "he urged

"The reason I summoned you is because of the Royal Family's Mating Ball. As you are aware, all higher ranking members and children are required to attend this celebration, and as Beta Roman's child, I am unable to prevent you from attending because it would be impolite to the Royal family..... What I mean is that I hereby permit you to attend the Royal Family's Mating Ball." Alpha Miller is said

"Are you allowing me to attend the event?" I inquired so softly that it was barely a whisper but I knew he heard me.

"Yes, but only because this could be one of the few rare chances to take out if you have a mate and get rid of a liability like you," he says flatly.

I knew they didn't care about me, but the fact that they're doing this just to get rid of me saddens me to the core.

"Thank you," I say, exaggerating my gratitude.

"Dismissed," he says, turning away from me. "You may go home now to prepare."

Home:

"Heard you're going to the ball with us, aren't you lucky, the moon goddess finally favours you," Vivian, my step sister, spits out a caustic retort as I go into the house.

"Yeah, aren't I fortunate," I reply as I go by her body on the stairwell on my way to my attic room.

I'm not shocked that I didn't have anything acceptable to wear to the ball after rummaging through my wardrobe for a suitable attire and coming up empty-handed. After failing to find an outfit, I collapsed into my bed, staring at the filthy ceiling, only for my thoughts to consume my mind and the alpha's words to consume my head as they repeated in a furious swirl:

Yes, but only because this could be one of the few rare opportunities to find out if you have a mate and get rid of a liability like yourself.

~~~

Then I was shocked back to harsh reality by an angry knock on the door. With scared eyes, I look in the direction of the battered door that separates me from my "loved family" to stare my stepmother, Cheyenne, square in the eyes.
She has sea green eyes, long straight ginger hair, and fair skin.
She appeared to be a little too delighted for my liking, as I'd become accustomed to her stone-hearted demeanor emblazoned on the facade she keeps up around me. "She's nice," some may comment.

"I notice you've started packing, are you looking forward to your first event?" she inquired.

I shrugged and said, "I guess I am."

"Well, don't get used to it,she snarled, because this will be your first and last event if you don't find your "mate"."

"I understand," I said in response to her apparent statement.

"All right, now here is what you'll be wearing for the event," she adds as she pulls out a black cased dress for the corridor and throws it across the floor before turning and walking away.

I considered if I should open to show the contents inside the location where my said attire lay. I kneeled down to zip the case open as my nerves were heightened with each movement of the zip as it neared the bottom. It was an atrocious, squalid, hideous ancient-looking raven black dress with a sweetheart neckline and tattered in some areas, and I couldn't believe my eyes in clear view of the dress.

Knowing the family I was born into, they were aware of the dress's state but opted to give it to me anyhow. I was dressed in bleached jeans and a Thrasher t-shirt, packing my dress into the worn-out ruby red suitcase and headed down the stairs.

"About time you show up," groans my step brother, Davien, who appears upset that I'm accompanying him.

Not answering, I hastily stuffed my luggage into the trunk of my father's metallic black SUV and sat in my regular dark corner seat, surrounded by the trash that had been purposefully strewn. After a 40-minute journey to the airport, I received the typical stares from the rest of the group as we made our way to the check-in area. We made our way to the boarding gates after checking in, but of course I sat with the pack's outcasts. I inhaled deeply and stared endlessly at the sunset clouds as we reached the sky, and my mind went back and forth between ideas of what might happen once we arrive and at the royal ball as I settled in by the window seat.

So, I'm hoping that wherever we end up is better than my so-called home......

A/N: What do y'all think of the chapter? Thoughts on Aspen's family? Alpha Miller?

Vote!

Comment!

-stormii