Inconnu🌙

Chapter 8: Inconnu
______________________________________

Inconnu: a person who is unknown, stranger
______________________________________

🎶Chasing- NF ft Mikayla Sippel

Aspen's POV:

Sun rays streaked through the drapes, dancing a fiery ballet over my partially covered face. I was tossing and turning with a soft grey blanket wrapped over my body. The loud buzzing of my alarm had taken me off guard, and I burned up as agonising pain rushed through my body, making me to wince as my muscles clenched. I tried to slow down my heart rate and steady my breathing, but as soon as I felt like I'd settled down, memories raced through my mind like a refresh button, flooding my head with last night's events.

//Flashback//
____________________________________

I awoke sweating profusely and breathing irregularly and rapidly. I struggled to get out of bed, my knees crumpled to the floor, and I crawled my way to the door, straining to get up, I finally opened the door leading out to the dark silent hallways, slowly making my way down the stairs through the oak doors I had admired earlier in the day. I limped my heavy body through the paved path that most probably led to the garden or woods, literally have no idea where I was heading because my mind was clouded.

My body abruptly came to a standstill, shocking me to the core, as an intense scorching heat rose up in my stomach and spread out to the rest of my body at breakneck speed, knocking the air out of my lungs and dropping me to my knees. A piercing agony pierced my veins, making me feel as if the colour of my skin had melted away and my eyes had started to tear up. My bones began to fracture and repair in strange ways, and the sounds, combined with my ragged uneven gasps, filled the air. As my body endured its unexpected transition, I let out a spine-chilling scream. I became aware that I was not normal when the pain and heat subsided. My body had changed into a wolves form. I was entranced as I looked down at my freshly created body, which was coated with midnight black fur.

" Hello Aspen," a voice in my head said.

"Who you are?" I inquired.

"My name is Myra, and I'm your wolf," she said, "but this is my voice in your thoughts."

"How? Like, how did you end up here? I thought I wasn't a wolf, that I was human," I inquired.

"I realise it's startling, but I've been dormant for a long time, and I assume that being here has sparked my awakening," she says.

Oh...OMG!! I've got a wolf!!

"Myra, can you explain how this wolf thing works?" I enquired.

"Well, we can change by will, and we can converse via mindlink, and your senses will be heightened, and your body will most likely change." Oh, and you've got a buddy! She responds.

"Mate? "What exactly is a mate?" I wanted to know more about the last thing she said.

"You are really uneducated for a girl who grew up in a wolf family, but a mate is someone the Moon Goddess pairs with a wolf, and it can be a human, although that's rare, or another wolf." This person is the human's soulmate and the wolf's other half." She summarises it.

So, how do we get back to normal?" I enquired.

She said, "Just breathe and envision your body returning to normal."