Timorous🌙

Chapter 6: Timorous
______________________________________

Timorous: (adj.) showing nervousness or lack of confidence
______________________________________

🎶The neighborhood-Nervous

Hayden's POV:

There are only two days till guests from all over the world come. What was going on in the castle could be described as chaotic and disorganised behaviour. From frenzied motions to the sounds of screening commands, there's something for everyone.
A day passes, and the preparations for the ball are complete.

I haven't been able to summon the desire to sleep since retreating to my room last night. From then on, it's been a never-ending cycle of staring at the ceiling and squirming around on the bed in an attempt to fall asleep, but to no avail. I strutted out to the balcony at the crack of dawn to gaze in astonishment as the early morning sun rays touched my skin, as drinking up its mild rays had re-energized me,As it's grown typical for one's mate to be from another pack, it served as a gentle reminder that a day is remaining till marks I'll most likely meet my mate.

...

My family did everything to get me out of my room, whether it was to eat or just to get some fresh air, but I refused. They abandoned me in my thoughts as they departed defeated. As I walked back into my quiet bedroom, my stiff body perched on the edge of my bed, attempting to gather myself and calm down my wolf's eagerness and possessiveness, which was causing an acute throbbing headache in my already overworked mind. I shuffled to the adjacent bathroom, looking in the vanity mirror, the effects of being sleep deprived were visible, from the bags under my eyes to the sleep weighing my skin, pushing myself away to undress and walk in the shower, the shower head came alive, as hot water trickled onto my body to undo the knots formed in every part of my body, As I laced my dark chocolate brown curls with shampoo and body wash to wash away the night's clock of sleep deprivation, I became so engrossed in my thoughts that the knock on the door was practically silent. After drying off and feeling more refreshed and like myself,I went out, my waist wrapped in a towel, to see Pheonix Black, my soon-to-be beta king and long-time best friend, casually standing against the wall in dark grey sweatpants, his eyes intensely drilling into mine.

"Are you feeling anxious?" He enquired.

"If I said no, I'd be lying to both of us," I said.

"Don't worry, you'll be alright," he says as he pushes himself over the wall.

"You're just implying that because you've already found yours," I countered.

"Well, maybe," he replied, "but I mean it."

"I try not to be nervous and faint in front of her, but if I do, it'll be due to her attractiveness, right? I chuckled.

He sarcastically hinted, "Yeah, I'll go with that."

Knowing Phoenix had my back calmed my worries a little. I put on a pair of black tracksuit bottoms and a hoodie. I followed Phoenix to the training field after calming down my nerves.

Phoenix shouts, "Let's go!" as he shifts into a wolf.

As my nervousness dissipated, I quickly shifted into my wolf and followed him into the woods.

Nothing a good run can't fix, and I'll be doing it with her soon. If she isn't human, I'll still love her.

A/N: What do y'all think of the chapter? Thoughts on Marcello?

Vote!

Comment!

-stormii