Lacuna🌙

Chapter 26: Lacuna
______________________________________________

Lacuna (n.) a blank space or a missing part
______________________________________________

Hayden's POV:

I already know that I truly lost her forever.
Other than her name and the fact that she is best friends with my gamma's mate, I didn't even know the most basic information about her (I didn’t learn her favourite colour or movie). There is no turning back from this; I can only blame myself, right? Everything has been spiralling out of my hands since since Brooklyn visited me on that day.Phoenix has avoided me in every way possible, Seth hasn't talked to me since she left, I can't sense her wolf, and Trey and Trevor don't even try to conceal their scorn, rage, or loathing when they see me. Sincerely, I don't blame any of them because, if I were them, I would despise myself just as much as I do now. I'm stupid for making myself lose her. for letting Brooklyn play me like a violin. I'm no saint, but heck, I never would have allowed myself to be this way if I were that. Knowing full well that I am the reason why my girl was admitted to the hospital in the first place, I never thought that I would be having sex with another girl in front of her room.

The thing is, whether you're bonded or not, if your partner cheats, you experience this unbearable pain all over your body wherever they are touched by someone else. You experience this concentrated heat and pain as if it were happening to you, and the betrayal of your partner cheating makes your heart feel like it's bleeding and breaking. Some people never get over it, while others carry on as if nothing had transpired.If it's a constant starts showing, burnt marks from the touch of someone else, fatigue, the depression from the forbidden act, the mental breakdowns, anorexia because your body refuses to keep down to food, severe thoughts of suicide, cutting, popping pills on drugs and detrimental impact of alcohol on your liver (even though werewolves have a high tolerance to alcohol), having lost the presence of your wolf;leaving you to feel twice as empty and purposeless. Cheating, whether it was a mistake made while intoxicated or while completely sober, can really ruin a person. I have no idea if she has experienced adversity or luxury at her fingertips. Just pondering of the look on her face while saying the word: goodbye, truly broke me, because I lost the other half of my soul, the light at the end of the tunnel,my life,my world,the one who completes me...

g o n e

<<<

I tossed and turned the entire night, sleep even left me.. like I made her. I ultimately gave up, ripping the scarlet cover from my exhausted body like a fog, standing up to take a shower,I washed my body with chocolate-scented body wash and chocolate-scented shampoo and conditioner to get rid of the hate I felt toward myself even as she was still tracing my body. In an effort to get rid of the sensation of her hands, lips, and touch, I scrubbed my body vigorously in the hot shower.

U s e l e s s

I stepped outside and changed into some comfy black sweatpants and an oversized hoodie, adding some Jordan retros, ruffling my hair with my palm before picking up my phone.

Dad: office now!

Me: yes sir

I left and headed for my dad's office, which will become mine once I take up the role of Alpha. I gave the wood door one knock to settle my anxieties since I was wondering what my father would want to talk to me about. He finally said, "Come in," after 5 slow, agonising seconds.

After entering, I shut the door behind me.

He said, "Sit."

Oh sh**

I sat down on the couch in the room's corner and then noticed that my mother was sitting in one of the armchairs in front of his desk. She looked at me apologetically, which confused me even more.

Dad concentrated on the papers that were in front of him before he pounded the pen he was holding against the table and gave me a dead-ass stare.

"As you can see, I'm getting older, Xee, so it's time I stepped down. You're 19 already, I should have handled the title to you by now but couldn't because you were mateless." He groaned

[Pronounced: Zee ]

"The elders, your uncles, and I spoke, and we came to the decision that we would choose your Luna." He spoke

At his words, my stomach turned over and my heart sank. Little did he know, I did find my mate and that I was going to get her back and make her my Luna, no one will take her position on my side except if dethroned by a challenger

"How dare you decide to that!" I shouted

He said, "It's what's best for the Kingdom."

"You Always think about the Kingdom! Kingdom that and this! I'm done with it! When will you begin thinking about what's best for me, huh? When?!" I exploded.

"Watch how you speak to me, Hayden Alexander Dominic Anderson" He yelled.

"Mom?" I begged.

"Lo siento, mi bebé, traté de hacerle cambiar de opinión, pero ya sabes lo terco que es. " she admitted

[Translation:I'm sorry, my baby, I tried to change his mind but you know how stubborn he is]

I groaned

I had to inform them, but I left out the bit about her leaving.

I murmured, "I found her," but they overheard me.

"Who?" My dad enquired

"My mate," I said.

My mother immediately sprang up and gave me a bear hug while expressing her happiness in tears and whispering in Spanish.

"Ah, tengo que conocerla pronto, voy a cocinar un festín directo de México" Mom smiled.

[Translation: Ah, I have to meet her soon, I'm going to cook a feast straight from Mexico]

In contrast, my father didn't appear to be enthusiastic, but that expression quickly disappeared.

"Then, who is the mysterious woman?" He said trying to sound ecstatic

"Aspen Carson," I stated with a big grin.

Dad's face fell instantaneously and he exited the office.

Mom said, "Oh, nevermind him, he'll come around."

He is keeping something from us. And it's consequential; I almost regret telling him about finding her. Let's hope he decides to drop the idea of this "chosen." Luna

A/N: thoughts on the chapter? What do you think of the parents? What do you think is  Hayden's dad's little secret? What about his reaction to Aspen being Hayden's mate?

NB!! I don't not promote cheating!! At all!! I know first hand how it feels to be cheated on, and it hurts. I'm not going to lie and act like I'm a saint, I have cheated before and vowed to never do it again. It really did do damage to my mental health and I still suffer from it now 💔 so by writing this chapter, I wasn't promoting it or anything like that!! I believe it's better to end the relationship than to cheat, but then again it's my opinion and you all have your opinions which I respect and please respect mine😚

Vote!

Comment!

-stormii ⚡