Ferly & Tutelary🌙

Chapter 40: Ferly & Tutelary
______________________________________________

Ferly (n.) something unusual,strange,or causing wonder or terror
______________________________________________

Tutelary (adj.) serving as a protector,guardian,or patron
______________________________________________

Aspen's POV:

Excitement is an understatement of how I feel; words cannot even begin to express it.

"Bring it on!" I contested

"Sadly, that's all I have for today" Fyre said.

Mom exclaimed, "Yea, because we have to prepare a coronation."

"Coronation?" I inquired

Ares added, "Basically, it's a fancy ball to formally crown you princess and welcome you back to the realm."

"A whole party just for me?" I query

Mother nodded

When I heard about throwing a party and standing in front of a crowd, my nervousness skyrocketed. Being in front of a crowd never results in anything positive for me.

Black spots started to appear in the corners of my eyes, and my head began to feel lightheaded. My breathing was unsteady. I was being spoken to, but I couldn't hear them. My body ignored the fire that was igniting on both of my arms.

I gave in to the dark.

☆☆☆

I opened my eyes in a strange room. I had IV lines coming out of my arm, and I had to painfully get up. I began taking them carefully but had to stop when I was startled by a voice.

A male voice said, "Stop."

In the room's corner, Hydra appeared. He had bags under his eyes, untidy hair, and a sleep-deprived look.

He murmurs softly, "You're only hurting yourself," but you can sense his exhaustion in his voice.

"Why am I here?" I questioned

He tells me, "You had a serious panic attack and you were out for nearly three days."

"Who is Ares? Mom?" I murmured.

"Your mother is continuing to fulfill her obligations elsewhere in the kingdom. Ares walked outside to sleep and take a shower." He informs

"Oh" I say.

"Do you feel it?" He asked

"What?" I inquired

"This bond,like we have known each other forever but yet we just met. I wanted to hit Ryan in the face when he spoke to you back at the hill because he was flirting with you.I simply feel the urge to look out for you, to love you in a deeper way than a mate, to be there for you when Ares isn't there "He clarifies

"I get it,when I was havinga panic attack,I wanted you to be there,to comfort me in some sort of way. To hug me and tell me things were going to different than my past. I didn't know why I wanted you to act in that position rather than Ares "I replied.

"I questioned Azura, the goddess of witches, about the occurrence of such feelings toward a mate. In a dream, she replied to me. Your family needs guardians because they come from a long tradition of royalty." He says "My greatgrandfather was one,my grandfather was one but when it came for my father become one royal family disappeared till your mom came along,so I'm your royal guard apparently "