Hyperprosexia🌙

Chapter 30:  Hyperprosexia
______________________________________________

Hyperprosexia (n.) focusing on one thing over anything else
______________________________________________

Maps- Maroon 5

Hayden's POV:

When I learned the news, I was contemplating how to get my mate back while I sat in my room.

Aspen has left

No one saw her leave the pack house or the pack borders, so nobody knows how she got out. She is enjoying breakfast with Trevor one moment, then she is gone the next.

My heart stopped rhythm, and it felt like the wind had been knocked out of my lungs.

I was l o s t...

|||

It has been five whole days since she vanished from the group.

5!!

We looked everywhere, covering every square inch of our property, but nothing was found.

She appears to have disappeared into thin air.

I absolutely needed her at that point. I haven't eaten, slept, or taken a shower in five days. Other than looking for my Luna, I just couldn't bring myself to spend time on such things. I'm sitting in my father's office trying to locate her as Pheonix, Jacqueline, Xavier, Hunter, Mark, and Lynn are also there.

"Alex, you need to eat" Hunter repeated worriedly.

I can't hold it against him; I've lost so much weight.

"Not till I locate her"I replied.

'Or till you pass away," Pheonix said.

"I would chastise you for what you did not o her, but you don't need that lecture and plus you already paying for it, but I know she wouldn't like seeing you like this" As per Jacqueline

It hurt me that she was correct.

I took a sip of the delicious chicken soup my mother had made and savored the moment of bliss, but before I knew it, the dish was empty.

"I'm to blame"I muttered.

"No shit, Sherlock" muttered Jacqueline.

She shrugged as Xavier gave her a stern look.

"How come you did it?" Pheonix enquired

"Honestly, I don't know. Everything started going wrong when Brooklyn came to see before I laid my hands on her" I explained "I don't remember much, but that day she got hospitalized, Brooklyn came to me, flirting and trying to get with me and I waved her off but the next thing I'm kissing her and I followed her towards her room, I didn't smell her,like something was concealing it. It like I wasn't in control of my body, like it wasn't mine but I'm in it. When the ground shook beneath me, and I met her gaze and realized that I was once again in control.

There was a brief moment of silence as the group struggled to respond to my revelation.

"You two slept together, yeah?" Jackie enquired

"Who?" I inquired

She gritted her teeth and said, "Broo-brooklyn."

She felt like ripping her throat just hearing her name, which I don't blame her for.

"Yes," I feigned shame.

She made a thin line with her lips, but I could tell she was hurt—as anyone in her situation would be.

Hunter said, "I suspect she's been kidnapped."

"By who?" Lynn finally spoke

"Crescent moon"says Jacqueline.

At her response, I raised an eyebrow.

"Our old pack," she adds.

I said, "Mark, call Alpha Mason and ask for a meeting for tomorrow morning."

He nodded before leaving the room.

I commanded, "The rest of you, pack an overnight bag, we leave in three hours."

Everyone left, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

Will she accept me if we do manage to find her? Given current events, odds are extremely minimal.
I'm such a shitty mate.

Seth answered, "that you are."

Oh,You  now speak.?

"Don't turn me against you, boy!" Seth drew out

Do you believe we will find her?

"honestly, I have no idea,"

He then withdrew into the recesses of my thoughts and again treated me in silence. I sighed and started to pack my overnight bag before leaving the office.

Three hours later

"Does it have to be, Mija? Mom questioned

I explained to my parents what transpired between Aspen and I, the reason for her departure, and the fact that I was heading to Crescent Moon Pack to look for her. Although my mother is pleased that I am continuing to pursue her, she was unhappy in what I did. On the other side, my father has been behaving distant from me, which is quite alarming.

My dad and I are quite close, as are Hunter and Xavier. Because the tie between him and his sons is larger than the conventional father-son relationship, his behavior toward Hunter and Xavier is both devastating and perplexing. Although I don't envy my brothers, I do wish that things weren't this way.

Mom gave me a few more hugs, and dad gave me a stern nod before I piled into the SUV with Jacqueline, Hunter, and Xavier. Phoenix stayed in case she returned, and Mark and Lynn are filling in as gamma until we return.

A/N: thoughts on the chapter? Do you think Crescent Moon had any hand in the disappearance of Aspen?

Vote!

Comment!

-stormii ⚡