Stupefy 🌙

Chapter 50: Stupefy
______________________________________________

Stupefy (v.) make (someone) unable to think or feel properly
______________________________________________

The bones- Maren Morris

Ares's POV:

"I love you" she said

I wanted to tell her first but the fact that she loves me.

She loves me!

"I love you too baby " I smiled

"Now come up here and cuddle with me" she pouts as she pats a spokt next to her.

I swear she's going to be the death of me.

<=====>>

Several weeks later

It's severel weeks since Aspen got released from the hospital and things were off.

The Isle and the castle were recently united. Things completely continued to thrive. Just before going to our floor, I finished my paperwork.

She sat on her side of the bed and observed the mountains from outside. She was wearing my shirt and had her hair up in a messy bun. Every day, the same thing. She has remained silent and blocked me from reading her thoughts. She won't eat.

"Talk to me, baby," I groaned.

She turned to face me with bags under her eyes, and the lovely gray color faded. Her lips were always pursed in a frown, and her cheeks nearly appeared hollow.

She opened and then shut her mouth once more.

She says, almost in a whisper, "Sit."

I did, sitting close to her but still giving her room.

"Celeste and Caphious visited me while I was in the realm of the in-between. They warned me that a terrible thing is about to happen and that I could be the only person who can stop it. That I'm the one who can get through to Hayden to stop his father from succeeding. However, there's a possibility that he's already deep in their trap." She rasps,voice slightly rough.

That's alot.

"I'm here for you, whatever you need. Your mother, Miles, Isabella, and the entire kingdom are also." I comforted

She gives me a glossy eyed stare. before to collapsing onto my shoulder.

Every time she would hiccup while crying or when she sniffled, my heart would break.

My entire life, I've sought a mate. I'm terrified now that I have her because this world is vicious and brutal to such a soul. any decent soul.

I can only accomplish so much before thinking of her again. her grin. She laughs. her gaze. Her curls. I had everything completely and in detail memorized. I simply lose myself in her and everything that she does.

How can one be so p e r f e c t but yet so
i m p e r f e c t?

<<=======>>

With our council present—Miles and Isabella, Lara, Hydro, and Blyke—we took a seat. Aspen explained everything.

Everyone was terrified of what might happen if we lost this war or failed to convince Hayden. We may as well bid ourselves goodbye.

After the meeting was over, I managed to get Aspen to go workout with Hydra and at least eat half a bowl of chicken noodle soup. She was carrying a lot of weight, and I was concerned about how she was handling it.

"I'll be alright. Don't go worrying about me"she linked

"Kind of hard not to when you act like way"I said.

"I'm sorry,I should really have handled it better" she apologized for like the millionth time

I said, laughing, "Stop apologizing and get back to training."

'Fine. She said, "I love you."

"I love you too," I said.

I could listen to her say that all the time.

Apollo explained, "That's because we whipped."

<<=======>>

A/N: thoughts on the chapter?  50th chapter!!!😁🔥 I know it's short 💔

Vote!

Comment!

-stormii ⚡