Ambivalent 🌙

Chapter 28: Ambivalent
______________________________________________

Ambivalent (adj) having mixed feelings or contradictory ideas about something or someone
______________________________________________

I can't breathe- Bea Miller

Aspen's POV:

Day 2

I'm still here, still unsure of my whereabouts, those people from yesterday haven't shown up, and I'm weak, fatigued, dehydrated, and starving.

I really wish that life were more like Disney and that a knight in shining armor would come to my aid, but that only occurs in Disney, right? This is only a false hope to keep me from freaking out and overanalyzing, right?

Aspen, take a deep breath.

I thought I might lose my mind inside. My eyes were open, but despite the fact that there was light inside, the blindfold was engulfing me in darkness like a second skin.

Why am I unable to simply remove it? Because my hands are once again tied

I'd kill for some food.

On that note, somebody came in, a woman. She was frightened; I could hear her heart racing against the clock. She helped me sit down on the concrete floor, took off the blindfold, and held the lamp so I could see her face and she could see mine. She had pale skin, short, white hair with black highlights, dull hazel eyes, and a height similar to mine. She appeared frail. I scowled.

"I'm Blyke"she said in a quiet voice.

I rasped, "I'm Aspen, but I feel like you already knew that."

As she handed me a bottle of water, she added, "Oh, here."

I looked at it warily.

In Crescent Moon, members would give me food or drinks that were poisoned whether by wolfsbane or something that could kill a human.

"If you don't trust me, just look at the cap; it's sealed, and it's not poisoned," she assures.

If the situation had been different, I wouldn't have believed her, but I desperately needed water, so I downed it quickly.

"Thank you"I uttered.

My mouth started to water as she simply nodded and snatched up a metal dish with some food on it. There was some mashed potatoes, along with some vegetables and gravy. She brought a spoonful of mash to my lips and I raised an eyebrow at the gesture.

She said, "I was told to personally feed you."

She took a spoonful of the fluffy mashed potatoes and added some gravy before opening my lips. I enjoyed the flavor. She kept feeding me till I reached my fill and set the plate down. Someone barged in while avoiding the lantern's brightness before I could ask her why she was here or where we were.

I was pulled to her and had a sense of familiarity with her.

A/N: thoughts on the chapter? On Blyke?
Double update!!😘

Vote!

Comment!

-stormii ⚡