Est-il trop tarf pour s'excuser? 🌙

Chapter 47: Est-il trop pour s'excuser?
______________________________________________

Est-il trop pour s'excuser? (French) is it too late now to say sorry?
______________________________________________

Sorry- Justin bieber

📍Paris,France

Hayden's POV:

Day of the Royal Dinner

We booked an early flight and flew to Paris in order to sightsee and shit. This year's host family was a royal Parisian family. however, a nice couple.

Before Brooklyn entered, I was focused on straightening my maroon tux.

"It's time" she says.

<<————->>

The majority of the existing royalty was already present, mingling with the masses to create new alliances or renew old friendships.As Mom and Brooklyn left to chat with the local ladies, I sat here impatiently.

The air suddenly changed from being serene to being powerful, and the room fell silent. The announcer at the door spoke a name we all knew but thought it was lost.

He said, "Introducing, the Reign family."

As the glass doors opened, all eyes were fixed on them. Oozing power on entirely different level. And the one person I didn't expect seeing.

Aspen.

She wasn't alone, though; she was clinging to a man,her body drapped in a mermaid-style dress,this man in a silver suit.

She was stunning. I'll claim her as mine again.

As I glanced at my rejected mate, Brooklyn's eyes went to me, and Now I can see them on her.

"As you can see, we are still alive. Now let's wrap up this stupid dinner." The older man sneered

"You heard him. Let's start it." The king of Paris stated

<<—————->>

I was unable to look away from her. I wished I could have yanked that guy's hand off her shoulder. Even though I let her go, she will always be mine.

I really wanted to chat to her when she got up and moved toward the bathroom.

I excused myself from the table and said, "Excuse me.

I sneakily followed her before I turned around and surrounded her.

"It doesn't seem like your style, Hayden, to creep up behind an unarmed girl" she sneers.

I responded, "Well, it's you, so it's different."

"Is it too late to say sorry?" I ask

She chuckled "sorry? Wow. That's amusing"

I deadpanned, "It wasn't a joke."

She smirked, "Aren't you supposed to be getting nasty with Brooklyn or something."

"Please. I came here to talk us "I acknowledged

"Us? Honey, "us" never existed." She snorted.

I groaned and said, "Letting you go was the hardest thing I've ever had to do."

She tsked, "Yet you did it like it was easy."

"Are you going to respond to everything I say with a snide remark? I sighed.

She asked, "Are you going to talk any more?"

"You are annoying" I remark.

She grinned, "And you're a lost cause."

"Can we start over?" I asked

She deadpanned, "No,"

"Who is this, baby?" A man questioned me behind me.

"This is Hayden. Hayden,this is Ares,my mate" she introduced

Her mate?

"Is he bothering you?" This guy,Ares asked

She enters the restroom and says, "No, we were finished anyhow."

"Go away, buddy" Ares muttered.

I snarled, "No, she's mine."

"Hayden, you rejected her! And you think she'll came running to you?" He mocked.

"You are merely an imposter; you are not her mate." I spat

The door suddenly opened as I finished speaking, allowing her to rejoin and into his arms.

He smirked, "Look at her neck dude."

She swung around so I could get a better view. His mark

"Bye," she chirps.

I don't remember how long I stood there, but it was long enough for Brooklyn to come fetch me.

She tugged me by my arm and said, "Babe come on." And I gave her permission to drag me wherever she wanted me to go. 

I mumbled under my breath, "Somehow,I expected that this would happen, eventually."

<<-------->>

A/N: thoughts on the chapter? Whoo! Aspen sure gave it to him #girlpower. But anyhoo...

Vote!

Comment!

-stormii ⚡