Obnoxious & Backpfeifengesicht🌙

Chapter 22: Obnoxious & Backpfeifengesicht
______________________________________

Obnoxious (adj) extremely unpleasant, disgusting
______________________________________

Backpfeifengesicht (n.) a person who needs to be slapped; lit. "a face that needs a fist in it"
______________________________________

Bedroom ceiling-Sody

Hayden's POV:

Since I was a child, I've wished and prayed to the moon goddess for at least a portion of what my parents had.

A wolf meets their mate at the age of 16, but I never met her when the time came.

The hope I had of finding her dwindled as time passed. I was on the verge of giving up as I approached the age of 19.

Until I came across her. Aspen.

With a few minor tweaks, my parents' description of meeting my mate came true.

//Flashback://
______________________________________

I was hit by a tidal wave of the most heavenly aroma when I walked up the huge stage as I'd called up. Lavender lemon, and peppermint

"Mate!" Seth shrieked.

I privately thanked the moon goddess for granting me this beautiful opportunity as I stared up at the glass window with a perfect view of the moon.

As the crowd disperses, I ambeld towards the aroma. I couldn't believe it when I found I had a mate.She took my breath away when I saw her petite body clothed in an amazing drop down shoulder neckline black ballgown. I walked till I was in front of her, and as she looked me in the eyes, it was as if the entire room went away, leaving only us. She appeared terrified, and it saddened me to know she was terrified of me. To relax Seth, I covertly inhaled her scent.

Her skin was fair dark colour, she was underweight, and her curly jet black hair fell up to my waist. She was beautiful with dark smokey grey eyes and was approximately 5'1, but still petite in comparison to my height of 6'7.

Her cheeks were flushed with tears.
I could see she was hyperventilating because her breaths were short and her legs were buckling. She closed her eyes cautiously as I caught her before she fell to the ground. I could feel the sparks between us, and I could tell she did as well.

I could tell she didn't understand what was going on as she opened her eyes to stare at my blue eyes with a troubled face.

"Mate," I said quietly.

I silently pleaded with her to stay awake as she surrendered to the darkness.

______________________________________

The next day wasn't any better; she was very quiet, and I managed to make her terrified of me by preventing her from moving away from me. Twice.

The following day (today) was considerably worse.
She snuck off with Jacqueline, and when she returned, it was as if a switch in my head went off, and I laid a hand on her, nearly pushing her to death, shouted at her, and gave her the cold shoulder. Then I discover she's my Beta's long-lost twin, and she wields the same powers as he does. She tells me that she would rather go rogue than be with me, which makes things much worse.